March 2, 2008

Bahamas, here we come!

We have been planning this vacation to the Bahamas for a couple of months now and it is finally here. We leave tomorrow afternoon for a week. I am so excited and so nervous at the same time. I have never left my children for a vacation. We have always taken them with us and it has only been as far at Utah or Arizona. Never a week without my children. What am I going to do with so much free time?
Yesterday I went out in search for the perfect bathing suit. Funny thing is, there is no such thing, especially after you have children. The last time I bought a suit was in high school and back then, I had this great tiny figure, but now, after 3 kids and a few years of not working out, it will do it to you. I was so frustrated that I hadn't found one I liked. Well I found one. I hope that it will suit its purpose snorkeling, and just hanging out on the island.
I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying really hard that my children will do well. My parents and siblings are going to be spending the week with them. The fact that they are watching them makes this all the more easier for me to go out and enjoy a week without them. Andrew is almost 15 months and I am weaning him so he should do alright. He is just a huge mama's boy. Pray for them!
Keep posted. We will be back on Saturday and I will post everything that happened. We love you all!

3 comments:

Macsen said...

Hey Melissa! This is Macsen Viehweg. I found a link to your blog on John and Melanie Gochnours' blog. I love these things! It makes it really easy to catch up with people after getting back from the mission.
Anyway, a few weeks ago you asked if any one knows of a good yoga place.... My step mom, Deborah, is REALLY into Yoga. She goes once or twice a week. Giver her a call and I'm sure she'd love to tell you all about it!
Hope you have fun on your trip!

Melissa Snyder said...

Thanks Macsen! It was good to hear from you. We try to catch up on you every now and then. I will try to get a hold of Debra for the Yoga class. Thanks for the tip. Hope you are doing well. Stay tuned and on Sunday when we get back I will post all about it.
Take care, thanks for looking us up.

Nicole said...

I hope that you have the perfect vacation! You deserve it. I'm excited for the pictures. Your boys are so good, they will be fine without you. The house is gorgeous. Can't wait to see it done!
--Nicole