April 14, 2008

Presidente Hadfield


Today I recieved the news that one of my Mission President's, Presidente John Hadfield passed away. I couldn't believe it when I got the call from an elder I served with telling me the news. It has been such a shock to everyone that knew him. He was an incredible man. He helped me so much on my mission. I had always fought the choice to stay in the mission or to go home and this dear man helped me gain the desire and the confidence I needed to stay and serve a full time mission. My heart goes out to his sweet wife Hermana Hadfield and all of his children and grandchildren.
I find it amazing that someone we love and cherish so much is here with us one minute and then only to have them gone the next. I am so glad I went to my mission reunion just two weeks ago. It was my last chance to see this great man. He will not be forgotten and greatly missed. My prayer is that the Lord will comfort and bring peace to his sweet family. Thank you President Hadfield for everything you did for me. I will forever be indebted to you. We love you!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh no! This is such sad news. I hope that you will give his family my love.