October 3, 2008

Fall


I love this time of year. I had to grab a picture to explain what I am taking about. I LOVE fall! I love the colors of the leaves changing on all the trees. I love the cooler weather. I love the Holiday season that follows, and I LOVE the smell of chimeny smoke in the air.
This year has gone so fast and here we are in October. I can't believe it. It is the most wonderful time of the year. My boys are so excited every time we step into the store to see all the decorations, lights and of course the candy that is associated with it all. I must admit I get antsy like a little child too, waiting to see it all. Walking down every aisle just to look at all the fun things.
This year we decided to make a Halloween Tree. It is a small Christmas tree that we use every year. I got some orange lights, Halloween tinsel and some ornaments and put it up on our fireplace ledge. We also have pumpkins that glow in the dark around the base of it. My boys get so excited to turn it on. They will literally sit in front of it for 10 minutes and just stare at it. Then they have to play with the lights. I think Keaton is alittle confused by it. He wakes up every day wondering if Santa had come. So we have to explain to him that Santa will come in a few months when we have a big Christmas tree up.
My mother-in-law always has a mantel decorated for each holiday or event. I LOVED that idea. So I took it upon myself ot make sure I do the same thing. It always made everyone in the home excited for whatever was coming up. Especially during the holiday season when all 20 stockings are hanging from the mantel. I am probably exaggerating the number but it gets bigger and bigger each year. It is so much fun. I hope to do that with my children as well. I feel like a little child again, but as an adult experiencing it through my children, if that makes sense at all.

There is so much I want to do to get ready for the holidays but I just get too tired and the funds are short this year. I love Halloween and all the amazing displays I have already seen on other homes around here.
We are doing well. We are hanging in there. I feel pretty good. I just get so stinkin tired that I have to take naps again with my boys when they go down. We are staying busy and excited for Conference this weekend. We love you all! Have a great wekend!

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

love love love fall! yeah, I only get time to work on my projects when Bree's napping or down for the night. Hence why this quilt has taken me over a year, and the painting of the living room has stalled. :) you know how it goes...

Brittany said...

It really is beautiful, isn't it?? I love Fall. It seems like everyone does.

Jaclyn said...

I found Bree's new toys at a "mommy and baby" sale that Mesa puts on twice a year. And I bought her book at Joanne's from one of their $1 bins. I LOVE $1 bins! Tons of stores have them (target, walmart, joanne's, and more) and they usually have cute things for kids. Happy shopping!

Jaclyn said...

okay, so I know this is totally my third post, but I have a question... Bree caught my cough. It doesn't seem to bug her, but she's had it for a week and it's a pretty "wet" cough if you know what I mean. It doesn't keep her up or make her cry, but she sounds like Darth Vader sometimes when she breathes.... at what point do I take her to the doctor? And besides a humidifier, is there anything else I can do to help her get over it?