August 24, 2009

Idaho State Fair

Each year we have started the tradition of taking our children to the State Fair. Even though it is expensive, full of weird people and incredible food we packed up our kids and took them this evening because today was family day at the fair, which meant that there was no smoking or drinking allowed inside the fair. My sister Rachel and her family met us there. My father came along with us and we are so glad he did. He was so fun to have around. We really enjoy being with grandpa.



The boys had a great time riding on all the rides that they could. It was so much fun to watch them get so excited over the little rides. We heard them laugh and saw them smile from ear to ear all night tonight. It was worth every penny we spent.







Lance and I took turns going on some of the rides with them. Most of the rides they were too short to go on but if they had an adult accompany them then it was ok. So we spent most of our time in the kiddie section where all the rides were just their size. They loved it!






The food was great! We ate too much. The boys ate too much, but oh well, you only eat it once a year. My dad treated us to anything we wanted so we got pronto pups (deep fried corn dogs), swirly fries (my favorite) and some sno cones. It was soooo good. Thanks dad! We loved it!
Then we headed to the petting zoo. My boys have always loved that. You can buy a small cup of oats to feed all the animals. They wouldn't do it last year but this year they did. It was so much fun to watch them. Keaton kind of hung back in the begining but then he started to warm up to the animals. Andrew, well he just had so much fun and he loved it when they licked the oats off his hands because it tickled the palms of his hands. He had the cutest laugh.








Owen was such a trooper the whole evening. It was kind of warm, so we just put him in his onsie and he was happy as a clam just sucking on his blanket. He loved looking at the animals too. I was so happy that he did so well. He is getting so big.







This year was a great year and we look forward to next year. I have always loved going to the fair. I am not sure if it is the creepy people I love to watch, the drunken carnies that we entrust our lives with once we step into those rides or if it is the great entertainment and food that is there. I love the Fair. It was a lot of fun. Thanks to my family who came with us.

4 comments:

Adele said...

Sounds like so much fun! I've been to some English versions, and they're pretty fun . . . but very different! Kind of miss the horrible (for you, but SO yummy!) foods available at the US State Fairs!

laneyfamily said...

It was fun going with you guys!

Shelli Snyder said...

That looks like so much fun! The boys are getting bigger and bigger ... especially Owen! Wow ...

Love ya!

laneyfamily said...

Oh yeah- I hate this song, so I cannot visit your blog until you change it!