November 11, 2009

The Croup

Yep, I think it has made a visit to our home and it is Owen who has it. I don't need a doctor to tell me that my baby who barks like a dog when he coughs has it. I have seen it before in all my kids and it is no fun. He just started it today. I am so sad. He seems to be getting sick quite often lately. Tis the season right? Why my kids? I hate it when they get sick and I am up all night long. Here's no endless nights of no sleep. Wish us luck.
Anyone have any ideas on how to help me out? I am listening.

5 comments:

erin said...

We had never dealt with croup before so when Norah got it a month ago, of course it happened at midnight so we took her to the ER. Since then, it has turned from croup into Bronchialitis. So she has been coughing for a month. All they told us was to use a humidifier. I hope he's feeling better soon, and no one else gets it. Good luck!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Oh, poor kid....it totally sucks when you kids are sick! I remember when Makai had croup...it seemed to be going around a lot that year. I had to take him in and get a antibiotic....as hard as it is, try to keep the other two away from him... I believe it's contagious... hope he feels better soon!

Shelli Snyder said...

Mel, I can totally get you more face wash. When are you guys coming to UT next? I love that I can trade you for scrapbooking stuff. :)

emilyaaa said...

oh, i'm so sorry!! there are few things worse than sick kids.

i feel your pain, sista

EmmaTheJane said...

We are Croup EXPERTS. It is like the only illness Harrison gets. Albuterol Sulfate. That's what you need. You can rent a breathing machine... I think called a nebulizer from your pediatrician's office and (hopefully) your doctor can write you a prescription for albuterol. It just opens up the airways to make breathing easier. They use it for kids with asthma but ALSO and frequently for kids with bad croup. Humidifier my toe. Get the strong stuff. (though it's not strong and can't really be overused ;) )