January 2, 2010

My first Cruise

To start this New Year off right, Lance and I are going on a cruise. We leave on Monday for Catalina Island and then down to Ensenada, Mexico. I have never been on a cruise and everyone that has been on one always tells me how much fun they are. But I only have one hangup with all of this ~ I get motion sickness pretty bad. This will be interesting. So yesterday I got a perscription from my doctor for the Patch. Has anyone had any experience with Transderm? I guess it will take the Motion sickness away but the side effects are just as bad, drowsiness, and blurred vision? The doctor said that a lot of people will take it off because they can't take it but it is much better dealing with that then pucking your guts out because you are so sick you can't stand straight.
I am ready for a getaway but I am not sure if a cruise is my idea of a getaway. Stay tuned to see how it all goes.
My mom is taking the kids. I have been trying to get Owen to take a bottle. He is doing pretty well and I am not too worried about it. He is doing much better at night and I am completely confident that my mom can do it. I just don't think she will want to see us for the rest of the year afterwards.
Wish us luck! Hope you are having a great New Year!

1 comment:

laneyfamily said...

Hey Melissa- I hope that you have fun on your cruise! Its been a long time since I have looked at your blog and I just wanted to say Thank You for the nice blog that you did for my birthday. Thanks for being such a great sister and friend to me. I love you and look up to you always!