February 4, 2010

Meet Bella

Why am I writing about a cat, when I don't even like them? Well it is because I have nothing else to write about right now and this got me thinking today. I hate cats, always have and probably always will. Growing up there was always a cat or two around the house. It didn't bother me then, like it does now.
My mother has always had a cat. Not just one but sometimes a few. Now her stash of cats is getting fewer and fewer. They are all getting old and dying. Sasha, a silly old grandma cat is almost to the point of dying and the other day she took it into the vet to hopefully get good news that something was terribly wrong with the cat and that they would have to put her under to end her misery. But no, everything came back clean and she looks pretty healthy for a grandma cat. Not the news they were wanting. When my mom came back home with Sasha, my dad just looked at her and was disappointed that she came back home with the cat. My dad is not a fan of cats by all means. My mom has this love for pets that I don't understand, maybe it is because I can't stand animals, oh well.
Anyways, this is not about Sasha, this is about Bella, the other cat. Bella was adopted about a year ago from my brother who decided to buy a cat to keep him company, seeing as he lives alone, but he had a huge problem with this cat ~ she kept getting ring worm and coulddn't stand paying for all the medication and plus it is contagious and who wants to be told they have ring worm? Definetly not me! So he was about to give her up and sell her on craigslist and my mom heard about it and so she took this cat under her wing, cleaned her up, cared for her and gave her all the TLC any cat would die for. Now she is ring worm free, and has been for quite some time. Now this cat, lives in their garage when it is cold outside and during the day she curls up in front of her "fire", which is a electric heater they plug in for her to keep her warm. It is ridiculous. Sometimes we will poke our heads out of the garage door and she will be laying on her mat in front of the "fire" asleep.
I love persians! They are beautiful, but would I own one? Heck no! I can't stand the smell and the animal hair that comes with them. Too bad for my kids because they will probably never own a pet as long as they live with mom and dad. So we go to Grandma and Grandpa's house to see them. My older kids pay no attention to them, but my Owen has become obsessed with them. We usually follow them around the house and he could watch them for hours and just laugh. So I got this picture of my mother's little cotton ball. Doesn't she look like on? Or maybe it is a lion, either way, you can't really see her eyes in all that mess of hair. Everytime I see her I start thinking about the cowardly lion off of the Wizard of Oz and start singing to myself, "If I were king of the forest!"
Oh well, I just have to laugh, because well, look at her, she is quite amuzing. Thanks Bella for making my Owen laugh!

3 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

You are too funny posting about cats because you hate them....I was laughing when I read it! hahaha! I too hate cats..... wow, another thing we have in common! :) Luv ya!

Karen Melander said...

AMEN, I hate cats too...I dont really like any animals. My kids have heard my complain and talk bad about them and now they are scared to death of ALL animals. Its kinds embarrassing when we go to someones house and they cry cause they are scared of the cat. Oh well, my kids will never own a cat or dog either. They smell, leave hair and they serve no purpose!!!! I appreciated your post!!!

laneyfamily said...

That is sooo funny!