October 11, 2010

BYU Homecoming

Lance and I just got back from a really short, but fun filled weekend in Utah with the Snyder family.  Lance's family has the tradition of meeting up in Provo during BYU's Homecoming and having event after event. Seriously, the weekend was packed full of different things.  Lance and I left early on friday morning and drove up.  My parents were so kind as to stay at our home and watch our children.  Everyone told us that going without kids was the way to go so we thought we would give it a try and boy were they right.  It was so relaxing. I didn't have to hear kids screaming in the car, clean up barf from my two boys who get sick without fail almost every time, and worrying about what time it was and who was ready for a nap. 
We got into Provo around noon. Lance had a buisness meeting and so he dropped me off at a strip mall and I went shopping.  It was the first time in a really long time I got to go shopping just for me.  So I went crazy and I had a great time.
We had a fun pizza party, games, and late night conversations.  Then Saturday morning we went to Mapleton where Lance's Aunt and Uncle Clifton live. It is really beautiful there.  Before the meeting I took a few pictures of my in-laws.  They were wanting their family pictures taken so here is a little preview of those.  Lesa and Sharlene, dad will be bringing the cd of all the pictures back to Utah this weekend. They sure turned out cute. It was so much fun to be with you all!!!
                                The Snyder family (Paul, Lesa, Heidi, Kaylee, Emma and baby Janae)



The Knotts Family (Tommy, Sharlene, Cali, TJ, Parker and Tessa)




The tradition is to all meet for breakfast and then there is a devotional for the adults only. Grandma and Grandpa Ray usually make assignments about who they would like to speak. This year my mother and father-in-law were asked to speak about how we can build our firm foundations on Christ. I am pretty sure this was the first year I have ever sat through the entire meeting. Usually I have a child to chase after or another one that is too fussy to stay downstairs. I really enjoyed it. Thanks to my in-laws for your inspiring words.
Then after the meeting is over, we all head to Glen Canyon Park. It is up the Provo Canyon and it is absolutely beautiful this time of year. All the leaves are changing colors and starting to cover the ground. Lunch is and has always been provided.  The boys usually play football and the girls all sit and chat. It is quite fun to catch up with all the family members we don't see on a regular basis.  Then we all go the BYU game.  This year I am guessing there were probably 60-70 of us that went to the game.  I must say that the majority of the crowd was overrun by all the college aged cousins. It was so fun to see them interact with each other. They are truly best friends with each other.
Then the most amazing part~ all the cousins helping pull Grandma Ray all the way up in her wheelchair. Unbelievable. I had to take a picture of it.


 Lance and I were able to stay up until the 3rd quarter. We had to drive back home Saturday night to relieve grandma from babysitting duties and be back in time for our ward Sunday.
It has been a long time since I had one on one time with Lance.  Seems like this job has been a constant and it is hard to find time to even sit and talk.  So I thank Lance for the fun time we had.  Let's do that again sometime!


1 comment:

The Kynastons said...

I just read your last few posts...sounds like a fun trip to Utah. And that post about the worms made me laugh!! I am going to be so out of my element if/when we have a boy! haha. Oh, and your fall decorations on your front porch look awesome!