October 23, 2010

Field trip

This was Keaton's first fieldtrip with his Kindergarten class.  They made a trip to the Star Fire Department.  I voluntered to go.  I am so glad I did too. What a sweet group of kids.  Since the budget for the school was cut there were no buses to help transport the kids, so we all had to walk.  It's not that far but when it is 9:15 am and only 45 degrees outside, it gets really cold.  But we did it and it wasn't bad.
They had the kids watch a video about fire safety, they also took them to the back room where they keep all the firetrucks in the garage.  One of the firemen got into his Turnout and the kids loved that. They also let them get up into the fire trucks and move around and see what it was like inside. I think they had a great time.  Here is the proof to show for it.....








Thanks Keaton for allowing me to be apart of your class. I have really loved watching you in class. You are so smart and so quick to learn. I love that about you!

No comments: