December 18, 2010

Keaton's Kindergarden Christmas Party

Keaton's Christmas party was yesterday.  Keaton has loved Kindergarden so far.  He has a great teacher and he has made some great friends.  I signed up to help volunteer at their Christmas party.  Keaton was excited that I was going to be part of the fun too.
We decorated Gingerbread houses. I was glad because I don't think we will get to that this year as a family.  All the kids were given their own homes already put together. All they had to do was put the frosting on and overload it with candy.  They were each given their own big bag of candy and left to cover their homes.  They all had so much fun.  Some of them were pretty inventive too.  Most of the kids just had fun eating the frosting and candy.

Since Santa doesn't come to public schools, which I think is ridiculous, The Grinch decided to make his grand apperance.  I thought it pretty funny that the teacher had to warn the kids before that the Grinch would be stopping in to say hi and that they didn't need to be afraid.  That it was only a costume. I was kind of interested to see what this Grinch was going to look like.  Well he made his apperance and this is what we saw....

It was a pretty good costume but some of the kids stopped dead in their tracks and just stared.  The Grinch saw that I was taking pictures for the class and asked if I had a child in the classroom. I showed him where Keaton was and Keaton was not to thrilled to have the Grinch that close to him but nonetheless we got a picture of them together.  I think the kids were relieved when he left.  Thanks for coming to scare some of the kids Grinch.  Just like the song says, "Your a mean one, Mr. Grinch."


It was fun to be with you in your class Keaton!  I really love watching you learn and grow.  You continually amaze me with how much you know.  I love your brillant mind.  Merry Christmas son!

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

How cute! I always volunteer at Makai's school too....but sometimes it's not so good because I'm a little too emotional....hahaha don't know how I ever survived the mission....haha! I find myself choking back tears quite often actually...just proud mama I guess!! Love that they had the grinch....so creative!