February 13, 2011

Our life right now

It has been quite a while since I last posted.  I am starting to wonder who actually reads this anyways.  But I keep telling myself that if I don't write then my journaling stops too.  So I do this mostly for myself.  It is fun to look back on and read about what has happened to us.
There is a lot to write about.  We are kind of in a crazy state right now.  We are in between moves right now and life just seems hectic.  I am not a fan of moving.  I wish Lance would have explained to me why he likes to move so much.  We have been living in this rental home for about a year.  It has been a great move for us.  We have enjoyed really great neighbors and a great location.  I think this move was for our children.  They have made great friendships with the kids next door.  We are going to be in their ward so that will be nice.  Let me go back.  We have been living outside our ward boundaries ever since we moved into this rental.  Lance has been serving in the Young Men's Presidency and has loved it.  The bishop gave us permission to stay.  At the time we thought we were going to start building again right away so we figured why change wards if it was only for a few months?  Well plans changed and we didn't build.  In fact, one of our homes that we had rented out was a lease purchase to own contract.  The renters put down a large amount of $ to secure the contract and as of a few months ago they decided to back out and that left us with a house with no renters in it.  This rental home is just right down the road from us.  It is in a nice location and we have a few friends in the ward there already living in that subdivision.  So maybe it will be good?
These renters left the house with a lot of work that needed to be done before we were going to move in.  Our new carpet goes in tomorrow and I am hoping to do quite a bit a painting before we move our things in.  I am hopeful I can get it all done.  Keep your fingers crossesd.  I will post pictures later.
So for now we are in that stage of living out of boxes.  I am not a fan of that but what else can we do?  I am trying to stay positive and have a good attitude about this move.  For those of you who think you know me, I am not a fan of change.  Never have been and it will probably always be really hard for me.  But I am slowly adapting and I am trying to stay positive.
This morning my boys were so entertained with empty boxes upstairs that have yet to be put to use.  They were making forts and playing so nicely with each other.  I just wanted to pull out my video camera and catch it all on tape.  They can play nicely with each other! They can get along!  It was a nice moment.
Owen is going to nursery without crying now.  That is huge news in the Snyder home.  All of our boys have struggled with nursery but Owen has adapted the fastest of the 3.  I hope it will be that easy going into a new ward.  There are only about 5 other kids in his nursery class right now.  We do not live in a young family ward.  In the ward we are going into there are 2 seperate nurserys with 10+ kids in each.  This could get interesting.
Lance has been staying busy.  It is a blessing to have work.  We will take whatever we can get right now.  We take it one day at a time.
As for me, well I am staying busy between all the duties that I have.  Life is good. I feel a whole lot better.  The first trimester was terrible.  I got pretty sick with this baby.  I am crossing my fingers and praying hard for a girl.  Someone asked me today "Why don't you make it a surprise?"  I looked at this guy and thought "Are you kidding me? I have to know if it is a boy or a girl. I have to prepare myself completely for this.  I have to know if there is a girl or a boy inside of me."  Now maybe if I had already had a girl prior I would have made it a surprise but, NO, I got to know!!!!
Well there you have it! Our life right now.  Might be really boring to those of you reading this but to us, we are healthy, happy and having fun in the process.

1 comment:

emilyaaa said...

congrats on the pregnancy! i'm so happy for you! and i'll keep my fingers crossed for a girl!!!
i can't believe you guys are moving again! I've never quite understood how many homes you guys own, rent, build, etc. it all seems crazy and like a LOT of packing! but, i'm sure that before we know it you'll have pics of you house, all cute and put together! I've been here 4.5 years and there are still many, many, many areas where i've done NOTHING! i think i need YOU to come visit :)
anyway, good luck. moving is awful. packing is worse. and doing it all when you're pregnant is the real kicker! be sure to accept ALL help that people around you offer :)