May 29, 2011

Bowling night with family

A few weeks ago Keaton brought a flier home from school about kids bowling for free during the summer.  So I checked it out and it seemed like a pretty fun deal.  So we signed all three of our children up for it hoping for some fun ideas this summer to keep them entertained with fun activities.  So why not bowl for free?  You can't beat free these days.  So yesterday we decided to take the whole family out for an evening of bowling.  (Never mind that my stomach looks like I swallowed a bowling ball)
 Our two older boys have been a few times and since the lanes were in Emmett we wanted to check it out and see what it looked like.  I wanted to make sure it wasn't a place where someone could mug me and my children when I had to take them all by myself.  Turns out to be a fairly decent place.  There were only 6 lanes in total but when you are the only ones at the lanes, then it is plenty big enough.
After a full afternoon of fun activites.  We decided to end the day with Aunt Camille and the gang bowling.  Lance's youngest sister Camille is here for the Memorial Day weekend and it was so much fun to see her.  My boys love her! They were so excited to spend the evening with her. 
Owen was so excited to be there! Of course we set up the bumpers on the younger kids lane so they wouldn't get discouraged each time they bowled with their balls ending up in the gutter.  So everytime it was Owen's turn we set up the little rack they have for the little ones and he was so happy to watch it roll down and knock over the pins.
Andrew enjoyed rolling around on the floor and was content to just lay down and watch the balls roll down.  I was so grossed out that he was laying on the floor. I just kept telling myself that it would build immunity. No harm in this right?

Aunt Camille and Chiara

Poor Chiara was sitting on a video arcade game and fell down and cut her the corner of her eye pretty bad.  She started to bleed and before you knew it her eyelid and surrounding area was twice as big.  Poor little girl. No fun way to end an evening.

Thanks for a fun evening!  We are so excited to have Aunt Camille with us.  Have a great Memorial Day weekend!!!

No comments: