June 4, 2011

Field Day

On Friday Keaton had field day at school.  Do you remember having a field day in Elementary school?  I do!  It was the most anticipated day of the entire school year.  Well Friday was the big and long awaited day for Keaton.  He had talked it up for a week prior to it.  He kept telling us that he couldn't forget to pack another change of clothing because there were going to be water games.  I kept telling him that he really didn't need to becaues I never received an email from his teacher telling me so.  So he was pretty persistant with Lance and I, so the morning of field day, he packed another change of clothing and shoved it into his backpack and was off to school.  I had to drop Andrew and Owen off at my parents house so I could help volunteer and help out with field day.  Keaton was so excited to have me there. 
It was quite the show.  Just picture 40 some little kindergardners running around outside in the big open fields jumping up and down, not listening to a word anyone is saying because they are so excited to play games and finally be outside in the nice warm sun.  Yes, it was warm that day, thank goodness!
There were 17 different stations for the classes to rotate with.  Each and everyone different from the last.  When I saw that they had water games planned I automatically felt bad for not giving Keaton the credit he deserved for telling us and warning us about packing spare clothing.  I apologized to him and all he said was "Mom, kindergardners can tell the truth too!"  Yes, son you are most definetly right!!!!
So we started playing and helping the kids out.
It was so much fun to be a part of Keaton's class this year.  I have loved volunteering and being a part of his school programs and projects. I hope for many more opportunities next year and in the years to come with all my children. 
Keaton's last day of school in next Wed. and they are already planning their Graduation program and that is on Tuesday.  These boys are so excited for summer vacation.  This is the first time they understand what that reallly means.
Here is what we did on Field Day........





Thanks Keaton for inviting me to be a part of your class.  I enjoyed every minute with you and your sweet little friends.  You have really learned a lot this past year. I can't even keep up with the things you are already learning!  I love you!!!!

No comments: