October 16, 2011

Raining on Sunday

This morning we woke up to lots of rain.  It is now almost 2:30 p.m. and it is still raining.  Fall is finally here.  Now that its here I wish for a little warmer weather.  The heater is on and its one of those days that you just want to curl up with a blanket and sleep the afternoon away.  I remember those days.  Those were the days when we had only one child.  Now that we have 4, well those days are long gone now.  The goal is to try to get to bed earlier so we get enough rest. Ellie is sleeping anywhere from 7-9 hours each night.  This is a first for any of my babies this early to sleep such long stretches at night.  It is a blessing.  She struggles to sleep during the day and when she does finally fall asleep, she wakes back up within 10 minutes of being laid down.  Days are crazy but we are getting better.  She is getting better.  Her smiles make it all worth it.  She is trying to talk back and it is so sweet to see her try so hard.  She is very slobbery.  I am going to have to start putting a bib on her so we don't have to change clothing more than 3 x's a day.  Life is good right now.
Halloween is only 2 weeks away.  Where has the month of October gone? Christmas is just around the corner and we are already starting to prepare for it.  It's true when they say "The older you are the faster time passes." I can only imagine how fast time will be when I am 80 years old.  Maybe by then time will slow down when I am limited in my use of limbs.  I hope to be going full speed at that age still.
We are in the process of making some of life's big decisions.  Work has been put on the back burner and we are looking for something different.  Lance is tired of it.  We are tired of it.  This job was a blessing in disguise when it came to us.  We had been unemployed for over a year and things were getting tight.  That is when this job approached us.  We took it and ran with it.  It has been a great job for the time we did it.  We were able to employ two of Lance's brothers and we were able to clear debt.  Now we are looking for another opportunity for our family.  The only down side to that job was, it really put family time on hold.  I felt like a single mom most of the time and Lance was pretty much on call 24/7.  It was not that great for our family.  So it is now time to put family first and find something that will help us out. Are we stressed?  Lance, no.  Me, well kind of.  I know that the Lord provides and so I am learning to put my trust in Him.. He has always taken care of us and I know He will not forget us.  So until then, we love like crazy, serve with all of our hearts and just wait to see what happens.  I guess I shouldn't say wait because believe me, Lance is trying.
His passion in life is building homes.  He really enjoys creating something beautiful.  He is really good at it and there is a possibility that it will come back. We are looking at options.
Keaton is loving the first grade.  He has a great teacher.  This past week was Parent/Teacher conference and Mrs. Conn, his teacher, had nothing but good to say about him.  He is testing alittle more advanced for the first grade so that is nice to know.  He has always been intelligent.  He will be one of those kids that are so smart in whatever subject or sport they play.  It just comes naturally.  He is very creative.  Loves to put things together.  Legos is a fun past time activity.  His little buddy Logan who lives across the street comes over to play and they build amazing things.  He is social.  He gets that from me.  I love people. I love to be around them.  He has a lot of me in him.  I also see a lot of Lance in him too.
Andrew is really doing well in Preschool. He has a great teacher this year and it is finally starting to learn the letters in his name.  He is one of those children that is going to take his sweet time with anything.  So true for anything he does in life.  His timing and his pace.  Kind of frustrating for a mom and dad who need things done.  What can you do? Just love him and appreciate what he does.  It is a hard lesson that is teaching me patience right now.  He has made some fun friends and his Sunday School teachers just love him.  He is full of life and its never boring with him around.  He still asks for a treat just about every hour. Sometimes more often.  This was our conversation yesterday...
Andrew:  Mom, can I have another treat?
Me: No, Andrew! You just had one alittle while ago.
Andrew: Well its been too long and I need to have another one.
Me: Well you will just have to wait until after dinner.  You can have a treat if you eat all your dinner.
Andrew: Well I will just have to go and find dad, because he always has a treat and my body is ready for another one.
Me: Dream on son! Dream on!
Andrew: I have dreams at night mom thanks!

He keeps me on my toes.
Owen, well, lets just say he is so much work, and so much fun!  I can honestly say he is my hardest "terrible two" stage we have gone through.  He is always trying to hit someone.  Learns that from Andrew.  He is always looking for something to eat.  Learns that from Andrew too.  His new favorite things to say that you will hear him say throughout the day are...   "I want....." and " Look... I show you"
He is talking up a storm.  But some of it we have to really listen hard and pay attention.  Thank goodness we have two older brothers who interpret for us.  How do they know what he is trying to say better than we do? I guess they understand that talk.  He is into Barney and Power Rangers.  Why these two terrible shows? Well thanks to NetFlix and two older brothers that is what he wants to watch.
Just yesterday the boys were watching one during the afternoon for quite time and they wanted me to watch one with them.  Owen and Ellie were both down for naps and so I went up and watched it with them.  About half way into it I started laughing really hard.  Andrew asked me why I was laughing and I wanted to shout out to them that it was the stupidest show I had ever seen, but I couldn't hurt their feelings.  Now most of you are probably thinking to yourself, "Why on earth do you let your children watch that?" Well it's simple.  Sometimes I just give up and don't care.  There is no harm in the shows, its just stupid.  Maybe I should introduce something new.  They still love Batman and Spiderman but they have branched out and found something new and so that is exciting to them.
Ellie, is doing so much better.  She is so sweet and I could kiss her cheeks all day long.  They are getting pretty round and when we wrap her up for nap time her cheeks just hang over the edge.  She is eating well and sleeping well. Only at nights though. She struggles to stay asleep during the day.  She loves to be talked to. She loves to hear you sing.  When she is sad, she likes to hold onto a finger.  She still has thrush after being on medication for the last 14 days.  Her mouth is still covered.  I don't know what we will do next.  Any ideas?  The medication made her throw up, gave her diarrea and she had constant upset stomachs.  It was no fun to see her be like that. Now after it is all said and done, her mouth is still covered. She is just so loved.  We love her and just love to watch her sleep at night.

How and I doing?  I think I am doing better.  I am starting to handle being a mother of 4 very busy children.  Life is crazy most days.  I am lucky if I get ready for the day but after listening to Sister Beck's fireside last night she told us to remember to do 4 important things.  Those are...
1. Role out of bed onto your knees and thank Heavenly Father for another day
2. Then read from the scriptures.  Even if it is one verse. It will change the day.
3. Then make your bed
4. Then get dressed and ready for the day.
She promised that if we did those 4 things before anything else, we were proving to the Lord that we were ready to tackle any battle or obstacle for that day.  So that is what we are going to try and do this week.  Wish me luck.  I am about 15 llbs from where I want to be.  Why does it feel like 15 lbs feels like 100?  Because those are the hardest to lose.  So this week I am dedicating more time for that.  I really hate to work out but I love the end result and they way it makes me feel when I am done.  I just need to find a quite place to do it.  It is kind of hard to do it when I have children throwing pillows at me and running in and out of my legs during jumping jacks.  Oh well.  It will be a miracle when those 15 lbs. are gone.
I am sitting here quietly in the office while I hear all my boys play kick ball in the front room.  Owen is miraculously sleeping through it all and Lance is trying to put Ellie to sleep.
It's still raining. Happy Sunday!

No comments: