January 29, 2012

My week

This week went by really fast for me.  I don't know if it is because I find myself constantly busy and finding less time to sit and relax or if it is because I am actually feeling better and have more energy.  I remember days when I would feel bloated, tired and just plain lazy.  Those days are over.  Since the beginning of the year I have started to watch what I eat, how much I eat and timing is everything.  If you were like me before the new year started, Lance and I would break out the treats after the kids were in bed to prevent from having to share with them.  Well we don't do that anymore.  There is no eating after 8 p.m.   Here is what I have been doing.....
-every day drink 64 oz. of water
-exercise for at least 30 min. every day
-daily vitamin (thanks doTERRA for the awesome supplements)
-healthy breakfast
-2 fruits/veggies daily
-NO fast food
-NO sweets (with one day free and birthdays the exception)
-NO eating after 8 pm.
-15 min. daily scripture reading
-personal goal
- and then any points for weight loss during the week

We have a small group of women who are doing this challege together.  We meet down at our church building every Mon. and Frid. mornings from 9:15 -10:30 and workout together. Weither is is Zumba, yoga, weights or whatever we always get a great work out and have fun doing it.  Tuesdays and Wednsedays are up to me to do what I need to do.  Jilian Michael's videos are really really good. Then of course every Thursdsay morning down at the church there is a big group of women that get together and Zumba the morning away.  Saturday mornings my good friend Kristi has a kick boxing class that I still have to get to.  Saturday mornings are hard for me. I don't know why.
I love routine. I think I really thrive off of it.  I know my kids do.  When we are off, we are off and life gets crazy. I feel better. I am still waiting to look better. This added baby weight that as accumulated over the past few babies is no longer going to bother me. I WANT it all gone.  My goal is to lose the 25 lbs. by April.  Then that means healthier mom, a healthier family and I am saving bits of money here and there and treat myself to a big shopping spree for new clothes. Ones that actually fit and feel good. I think I am still wearing clothes from when I had our first child and they are getting pretty worn out. Time to bring in the new. But we still have a few months to do that so I won't get a head of myself. But it has helped to put up reminders for myself to focus and be more motivated to do it.  Some days I feel like throwing in the towel and giving up but that is when I just have to work ever harder. 

Last night I took photos of my friends wedding reception.  She got married last week and this weekend was her reception here.  So she had asked me a few months ago shortly after I had taken their engagement pictures if I would be willing to do it and it was a fun evening taking pictures and seeing old faces.

Today was a very calm Sunday.  One of the first in I can't remember how many.  I woke up happy and not groggy.  Ellie did a little bit better last night sleeping for longer stretches at a time.  That was helpful.  The boys behaved really well and classes were very nice to actually sit and listen.  Ellie looked so cute today.  One of our friends commented that she looked like a cabbage patch doll. I wish I took a picture of her because she was so stinkin cute.  I don't know if your ward is like ours but it seems like everyone sits in the same seats each Sunday.  I don't know why that is but our ward does it and when someone is sitting in your seat, it gets crazy and sometimes we have to resort to sitting in the back on the hard chairs where everything echos and it is uncomfortable.  Well today we were in our usual place.  Since Lance is the Young Men's President he has to be there early each Sunday so before he comes home to get us he sets his books down on "our " bench.  Funny thing is, we usually reserve it next to us too for another family who loves to sit by us.  Colleen says its because we are so entertaining to watch.
Anyways, there is a the same family that sits behind us.  Now I must tell you alittle bit about this family first.  I have known this family since I first moved out to Star back in 1992.  They have 7 children and I have watched them grow, one has served a mission and is now engaged, one is off at college and the others are still at home but are getting big. I used to teach some of them when they were younger.  They are a humble family.  The type of family that would do anything for you.  Just so sweet and so nice.  Different in their own ways, but aren't we all?  Well today the younger daughter was talking to Ellie who was looking over my shoulder.  She asked if she could hold Ellie and I thought it would be great. So I handed her over the phew and she literally sat almost the entire sacrament meeting on their laps just playing and having a good old time.  It was so nice.  For me and for them.  Then after church she came up to me and asked if she could hold her again next week.  So that is how it wil probably be from now on. 

There is a family in our ward who invited us over to celebrate the Chinese New Year this evening.  This family we didn't really know.  Holly comes to workout with us and she is a good friend.  I found out tonight that we are the same age.  I found out tonight that I went to high school with her husband to Meridian High before Eagle High was built.  We know a lot of the same people.  Small world, anyways, tonight we went over there to get to know them better.  Holly is a very talented, busy mom.  She celebrates every holiday known to man and then she also creates some of her own. I wish I were more like that.  Well tonight we celebrated Chinese New Year.  She had the laterns out, the table was set and decorated so cute.  My boys were excited about it.  Well she served Crab legs.  Now Lance and I do NOT eat seafood at all.  The smell alone can make me sick.  Well when we walked into their house I could kind of smell something. I didn't know if it was seafood or not but I had in the back of my mind that we would probably eat something out of the sea.  I had to prepare myself to at least try something.  Turns out the crab legs were the only thing.  So Holly studied and knew what foods to serve and what to eat in the order that you are suppose to.  We had stir fry, cabbage, roman noodles and then orange slices.  It was all very interesting.  My boys learned how to eat with chop sticks.  I think Andrew caught on better than Keaton did.  Owen well he was content to eat just the roman with a spoon.  I guess the longer the noodles you eat the "longer life you will have" type of thing.  Well I had to cut up Owen's so he wouldn't gag on them so sorry Owen, I cut your life short :(
Andrew and Lance were the only ones that tried the crab legs.  They actually liked it too. I was very impressed.  Andrew is my one child who will venture out and try new things.  Well he did and liked it.  I was proud of him.  Hope he won't ask me to make any, because there is no way on this green earth that I will be cooking that.
So now it is 8:43 p.m. All my kiddos are in bed and I am here jotting down my thoughts for today.  Lance is looking up all the things we can do when we got to London this summer. That's right, we have our tickets and we are packing our bags for a week and taking a vacation.  It is actually for our 10 year anniversary.  We are planning for London but Hawaii, Spain and France have been options also.  I was also wondering if anyone has traveled the English Channel before over to Europe. It looks reliable.  I am not sure so about taking a train under the ocean though. The thought just freaks me out.  It would be fun to go over to Europe for a day or two also and see some things over there.  Should be fun.  We have some fun things coming up and this year I think will be the year this family travels.
Well goodnight for now.  Time for this tired mom to go to bed.

No comments: