January 8, 2012

No sleep and teething

That is right. No sleep! We pretty much don't get much of that in our household.  Seems like no matter what happens at night, no matter how hard we try to keep all the kids in their own beds and quietly dreaming happy dreams, someone is always waking up.  I am going crazy.  For the love children, PLEASE SLEEP!!!!!
We finally moved Ellie into her own room to sleep.  She has been sleeping just great in her room for the past 2 months but nights, she has still be getting up multiple times and it was so much easier to get up and get her in her bed in our room.  Well now we have moved her into her own room, which is right next door to ours, so it makes it easier to hear her.  She is still doing about the same but we don't have to be really super quite when we go in our room anymore.  It is nice to have it back.
Ellie is cutting teeth.  Her two bottom ones have already sprouted up and they are showing more and more.  I believe the teeth to the sides of those two bottom ones are trying to poke through too.  What does all this create?  A really grumpy, tired baby.  I guess it is just one of those phases that seems to take a long time.  I don't remember any of my other children acting like this while teething.  I really can't remember.  I guess if it was bad, then I don't rememeber it.  I guess that is a good thing.  It is almost like swearing you aren't going to have any more children just after you experienced childbirth that was painful.  We obviously don't remember the pain being that bad, because like my husband always says " You must not remember it because we keep having more."  I guess it is true in a sense isn't it?

This week I have felt great! I have worked out just about every single day for 30-45 minutes and the scale is showing it.  I have lost 4 lbs. this week.  I have been avoiding all sugar and junk food.  I have been trying to eat more raw foods such as fruits and veggies.  I have felt great. I have had a lot of energy and just overall happy.  Well today, being Sunday, the one day I get to have sugar, I cave in and eat some.  I have missed the treats but after eating it today, wow, my stomach was really paying for it. I have been crampy and bloated all day long.  Was it worth eating all of that?  NO!!!!! So I am going to discard the free day for sugar and try to go without it for a longer period of time.  I feel like it was crash and burn today.  I am tired. I am grumpy and I just don't feel well.
So here's to another great week of getting back on track.  Wish me luck!

No comments: