April 20, 2012

Look who's 3


My little Owen turned 3 today.  I can't believe how fast time has flown for this little guy. Seems just like yesterday we were welcoming him into the world and into our family.  We have never been the same since.  He is so full of energy, love and tantrums.  Owen was so excited for today to happen.  He kept reminding us throughout the week " My birthday's coming up."  He wanted to make sure everyone knew.  They did too!
We had a bounce house arrive this morning.  He wanted a monster wheels bounce house so we got it for him.  It was well worth the money too.  They bounced non-stop almost the entire day.  It arrived at 8:30 this morning and it is 9:15 p.m. right now and it is still inflated in our backyard.  It was a great investment for the day.  It made Owen happy and that is what counts.
We had a non-stop busy day today.  Andrew's little best friend/almost brother was over all day today to play too.  I consider Tyler one of my own almost.  He is adorable and the two boys get along so well.
All the family and friends from our neighborhood showed up for a BBQ, cake and ice cream.  They all were very entertained.
It was so warm today.  By far the warmest day we have had so far this year.  We couldn't have asked for better weather.  All the kids were so hot.  So we turned the sprinkler on.  That added to the excitement. From the sprinklers to the bounce house and cake, these kids had a busy time.  Now they should all sleep really well. The tradition in the Snyder family that I LOVE is making a display the week up to the birthday of pictures from their life. So here is the banner I made for Owen and the pictures we put up of him. Isn't he adorable? He hasn't changed since he was born. So in love with his cute face.






Here are a few fun things about Owen.....

- Owen LOVES riding lawn mowers, tractors and trains.  I shouldn't say love, I should say OBSESSED
- Owen still sleeps in his crib.  We turned it into the toddler bed, but he threw a fit and so we changed it
   back to his crib.  I am not ready for him to get out when he wants to. But it is coming soon.
- Owen isn't potty trained yet.  He knows he's ready and so do I. I just need to committ to do it.  That is
   coming soon too.
- Owen loves being outside.  If I can't find him inside, he is outside spying on our neighbors garage door
    hoping that it will open so he can ride their 4-wheeler power wheel.
- Owen loves to play with his brothers.  He tries so hard to keep up with them.
- He is the echo in the house.  Anytime you hear someone talking, he is there to repeat the last word
   that is being said.
- He is giving up his naps. I am not ready for that. We battle that almost every day. So far he is winning.
- He is going to start pre-school in the fall.  He goes with me to take the boys to school each morning
   and just cries everytime we drop them off.  He wants to go with them so bad. He doesn't want to stay
   home with me anymore. He is ready to get out and explore.
-  He has a lisp.  I am hoping it is just a phase. Most moms tell me they grow out of it but he seriously
   sounds like Sid the Sloth from Ice Age.  So adorable right now but when he grows up it won't be.
- He is a picky eater. But he is getting better.
- He loves it when I sing him to sleep. He always requests the Hello Song. You know the one they sing
  to the new kids each Sunday in primary. Love that song!


Happy Birthday Owen! We really love having you in our family! You make everything so much fun.

2 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Awwww.....they do grow up too fast! Happy Happy 3rd to your handsome little guy!

The Kynastons said...

Happy Birthday Owen! Crazy it's been three years already...I remember reading your blog when you were pregnant with him and trying to decide on a name. :)

I'm glad Macie isn't the only non-potty-trained kid. I need to bite the bullet, too...I'm convinced that is the worst part of parenthood. Good luck to you guys!