May 6, 2012

Andrew at 5

This past week has been full of Kindergarten registrations and orientations for Andrew.  He is really, really excited about going to Kindergarten. There are some really great teachers and I am hopeful that he will get Mrs. G.  She just seemed like a grandmother type figure and she was just so sweet to the kids and I have heard nothing but praise about her.  The other Mrs. Carr is a great teacher too so really there is not bad teacher.  With school registration, Andrew also needed to go and get a physical done by the doctor.  I told him that he would be getting some immunizations and he was actually excited about that.  I told him that if he was brave and didn't cry then we could possibly find a prize at the store afterwards.  Owen came along for the ride as well.  I couldn't believe how well they played together for the 30 minutes we had to wait for the doctor in a teeny, tiny room.  I was quite relieved.  Usually the combination of Andrew and Owen together is not a very good one, but they proved me wrong.
Everything went well and he got a clean bill of health.  Plus two shots.  He didn't like that much but didn't cry so he got a prize afterall.
Here are his statisitcs.......
Weight: 50 lbs. {90%}
Height:  46 3/4 {95%}


Here is a little glimpse of life with Andrew.....

- Andrew loves to play. He always wants his friend Tyler to come over and play. Life would just be so happy if it involved playing 24/7.  He lives to have fun.
- Andrew has the best belly laugh I have ever heard.  The smallest things make him laugh so hard.  It is quite cute to watch him laugh. It makes me happy.
-He is incredibly smart when he wants to be. He knows his letters and numbers but will freeze up if anyone puts him on the spot. He must get that from me.
- He can write his entire name, and he is proud of that too.
- He is so sweet and gentle towards Ellie.  His voice gets all nasaly and it is just darling to watch him talk to her. She loves him so much.
- He is currentlly playing soccer right now.  His dad is the coach and he LOVES that. He is a pretty good player as well.
- We are really trying to work on being obedient with him right now.  I swear sometimes you have to ask him 10-20 times before he will actually do what you ask.  It is very frustrating right now for me.
- He LOVES treats.  He constantly asks for one. His world revolves around candy. Too bad we don't have any in the house. We don't do that anymore. It is helping out alot.
- He knows how to ride his bike without training wheels.  They are still on his bike and he refuses to let us take them off. He thinks he needs them when really he doesn't even use them when he rides it. I guess it is the security he is after.
- One thing that stands out about Andrew is how excited he gets. Anyone who knows Andrew and is reading this will agree with me when I mention that he will start to jump up and down and flap his arms like a chicken when he gets excited. Usually it happens when he plays the Wii.
- I love this boy of mine. He is the only who really will come up to me and hold my hand. I love that about him. He is a cuddler when he wants to be. 
- He loves to be read to at night.
- He still tries to come and sleep in our bed at night.  I know he is coming because he runs really fast and then jumps onto our bed and crawls in between Lance and I .  We are really trying to get him to sleep in his own bed all night long.
Thanks Andrew for being our son!



No comments: