May 20, 2012

Quick trip to Provo

We just got home this evening from our mini trip to Provo. I call it mini because that is exactly what it was. We didn't leave Boise until Keaton got home from school which is around 4 p.m. so we loaded everyone up and left for Utah.  My brother-in-law's daughter from his first marriage was getting married on Saturday and we thought it would be nice to go down and support them. They were married in the Timpanogos temple and I hear it was beautiful. We didn't go to the ceremony or the luncheon but Lance and my boys did make it to the reception later that evening.
It's a party every time we go to Utah. There are now 4 of Lance's siblings that live in the area so when mom and dad, Camille and the other Snyders (that would be us) come up then we all get together and have fun.  Our fun consists of letting the cousins roam and play between all the houses during the day with the hundreds of cousins that live there. They are in cousin heaven when they go there. It is never boring and there is always something fun going on.  This weekend consisted of..... several games of racquetball with the kiddos in the court. Now when I say racquetball, I mean 5 little kids with rackets trying to peg me with the balls.  They had a blast and it was so much fun watching them have fun. Owen was really focused on hitting the ball.  He got better and better. There was a trip to the park, watching Young Victoria (I love that movie!), and just sitting around talking until all hours of the night.  Ellie was kind of a hand full. She wouldn't really nap or sleep at night so the sleep deprevation just keeps going.  We got to get that fixed soon!!!!!!
So we got into Provo around 10:30 pm and put all the kids to bed and then talked until midnight or maybe later, I can't remember. There is really no sense of time when we go there, I like that part!  Then we had all day Saturday to play and then we attended sacrament at 9 a.m. and then we hit the road right after the prayer was said.
My brother Justin lives in downtown Salt Lake.  He lives relatively close to Temple Square.  So we dropped in just in time to have lunch and take the kiddos on a walk down to Temple Square. I don't think our boys had ever been down to Temple Square. This afternoon it was really warm and there were a ton of people. You would have thought it was Conference weekend. It was alittle crazy but nonetheless we had a great time.
These are the only pictures I took over the weekend. I forgot my camera so Lance's phone to the rescue. Thanks everyone for a fun weekend in Provo! It was so nice to see all of you.


1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

So glad you had fun! We really need to MAKE TIME to get together one of these times! Miss and love you!