July 9, 2012

The Stevenson's come to visit

I served my mission in the Chile, Santiago West mission about 11 years ago.  Time sure passes quickly.  I had a great mission.  I made a lot of great friends.  Many of whom I still keep in touch with to this day.  Elder Eric Stevenson was one of them.  We just hit it off and had so much fun.  We served in a lot of the same areas together.  Just a very fun, outgoing kind of guy.  The last time I saw Elder Stevenson was in Utah about 6 years ago.  My mission president passed away all of a sudden and so I flew down for the funeral which was held in Brigham City, Utah.  I flew in and my mission buddy Monica picked me up and we went to her home until it was time to leave.  Our other very good from Weston was flying into S.L. as well for the funeral.  We all met up and carpooled together.  It was a really fun time.  It was just so much fun seeing and being with everyone.  Well we also met up with Stevenson too. 
Yesterday morning after I had put Ellie down for a nap and gotten myself ready for church I noticed that someone had left me a voicemail on my phone. I was thinking it was probably Lance since he is gone every Sunday for meetings. I thought it was just him letting me know that he wouldn't be home to come get us before church and to just meet him there.  Well I listened to the message and it was this Elder Stevenson.  The last time I had heard from him like I said was 6 years ago.  Random? Yes, very!  He mentioned that he and his family were heading back home to Portland via Salt Lake and wanted to know if they could come and stay the night at our place since they were not going to make it the whole way to Portland.  So I called him back and told him that we had plenty of room and that we would be happy to have them.
So later that evening they showed up around 7 p.m.  Can I just tell you, we had A LOT of fun!  Seeing Eric was like we had never been apart.  He is the same Elder Stevenson I remember.  Maybe more grown up and more responsible seeing him with his adorable wife Brooke and his two very cute red headed children Jack and Avey.  We had a really nice time visiting and talking.  It was so much fun catching up on what they were doing and filling them in on what our life is like as well.
They only stayed the night and then headed back this morning after we made a huge breakfast and let the kids play together for awhile.  But I couldn't let them leave without having pictures to prove all of this since there are some from my mission who are thinking ya right.  Well here you go!



Thanks Eric and Brooke for coming! It was so great to see you guys! What an adorable little family you have! Feel free to call us anytime you need a place to stay in Boise and we will make sure to look you up when we are in the Portland area next!

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

How totally awesome is that that he would think to call you after 6 years of not seeing or speaking.....LOVE IT! We've made some pretty awesome friends in the mish didn't we! :) Awesome! Love Stevenson, definitely the clown of the mission. Good times! :)