July 28, 2012

We heart Saturdays

We love Saturdays!  I love the idea of being home and having a lazy day with my boys.  I love Saturdays because it is the one day during our crazy busy week where we can all be together. Lance usually doesn't have work. The boys don't have anywhere they need to be.
We LOVE this particular Saturday because Lance came home.  Since he was the Young Men's President while they planned the High Adventure and then on Sunday he was relased and put in as the 1st counsler in the bishopric he wanted to go.  They left on Wed. early morning and just got back later this afternoon.  My boys were so excited to have him home, as well as I was.  There is a reason why moms and dads play an important role in the family. My boys got tired of me I think towards the end. Somehow dads have more energy then moms too. At least in our case.
My brother Justin is in town this weekend.  We decided to get together at my parents house this evening for pizza, olympics and water fun.  The kids don't really care about some of the Olympic events so we let them play outside while we watched bits and pieces of some sports.  We brought our slip n slide for the kids to play on and water balloons to throw. I think they all had a great time. Even Uncle Justin got in his swim trunks and slipped and slidded with them.  They LOVED that Justin! Thanks for playing with and loving them!!!!!
But this is what happens when you leave the kids alone for more than 15 minutes outside to themselves.  After we saw all the mud, we just looked at each other and forgot we even saw them.  They were having fun, not fighting and staying cool. So we just let them be. They were sooooo happy! Check em out!






No comments: