September 16, 2012

doTERRA Convention 2012

This was my first year attending the doTERRA Convention.  Can I just say, it was FABULOUS!!!! I can't wait to go back next year.  But next year we will be walking across the stage as Diamond rank. I just know it.!
This year it was in the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, Utah.  I got Lance to go with me this year so he could get a feel for what I do and alittle more about the buisness side of things.  I hope he liked it. I think he was more surprised at the medical back grounds that many of the doctor's who spoke to us.
We were fortunate to have the best babysitter in the world stay with all our kids - Grandma! Thanks mom for watching the kids. Now do you understand why my days are crazy, hectic busy? Thanks for all you did! It was great to get away. I had been way too long. It was kind of too short if you ask me. I could have stayed a few more days. Maybe some other time.
Well we got there early Thursday morning. Lance and I woke up early and got there in time.  We met up with our good friends who almost feel like family to us.  They were so much fun to be with. We work alot together and our kids are friends. They have really helped me out with the buisness part of doTERRA. They have also taught me almost all I know so far.
We were at convention from Thursday to Saturday evening. Then we drove back home late last night so Lance could be back to church today.
Convention was amazing! If you have never gone you need to go. It will change your persepective and your attitude on essential oils. If you are reading this and have no idea what I am talking about, give me a call, text or email me. It will change your life like it has mine and the life of my children.  We are happy and healthy.
Thursday doTERRA recognized all the Silver rankings in the company which meant that Lance and I got to walk across stage and meet the advisory.  Now mind you, we are in the Salt Palace and there are 7,000 + people there from all parts of the world. There is loud music, fun lights and music. It was just a huge rush for me to get up there on stage and have our names flash across the stage was so much fun.
I got to meet Dr. David Hill, the chief medical advisor for doTERRA. This man amazes me with his knowledge of the oils. I could listen to him all day long. I got my picture taken with him while we were back stage waiting our turn to go out.

There was so much to learn.  Friday we had breakout sessions all day long. We had a schedule to choose from. There were so many good classes and seminars that I would have loved to attend but due to limited time we hit some of the most favoirtes. We learned a lot from skin care, to infant-toddler care, to how to help grow a buisness. I have a whole notebook full of notes. I wish I could share them with everyone.
Friday night we went out to eat after the last session got out at 5:30 p.m.  We ran across the street to Olive Garden and met up with my brother and all our downline for dinner. It was good eats too! Then we went to hang out with Matt and Anna and we decided to go to Gateway Mall. I have never been there and Matt seemed to know his way around downtown on the bus/train, whatever it is, a tram I think. Well we ended up towards the University and quite aways from where we wanted to be. Now mind you it was 7:30- 8 p.m. when we were doing this. We finally found the right route because a kind lady showed us where to go. Well we got there and the mall was closed. Not too much going on so we headed back and decided to hang out in Matt and Anna's room and see if there was a movie on but nope, there was nothing but Johnny Cash, Walk the Line movie so we all started to watch that until we all started to feel sleepy and around midnight we all called it quits. So much for a free night without kids and what did we do with our time? We still had a fun time with them.  The great thing was, no kids, no time schedule to follow. We were on our time table. It was so nice and so relaxing.
Saturday was the last day. It was full of motivational speakers, musicians and everything else. I really loved it. The first speaker was Kyle Maynard. Ever heard of him? Well he was born without arms and legs. He is a motivational speaker now all over the world sharing his story of sucess and overcoming trials. He recently cliimed Mt. Kimamanjaro to spread a friend's ashes at the top, plays football, is a wrestler, owns his own gym to train disabled people, drives a Taheo and lives a normal life. Talk about an amazing story. I won't go into too much detail, but I walked away amazed with his story and his life.  The DJ for the doTERRA Convention was David Osmond. He was really funny and had a beautiful voice. He wrote a song for the convention and here it is if you want to see a video.....


Nathan Pachenco also sang for us. His first album comes out on Tuesday. The next Josh Groban for sure. I cried while he sang, it was so amazing.
It was hard for me to come home. I was in my element. I was so excited to start up again and get things going. Time to get to work, because next year, we are going Diamond!!!!!!!!

 This is my brother Justin and I outside of City Creek Mall. It was so fun to catch up with him on the evenings. Thanks for a great time Justin!
I have loved all that doTERRA has to offer. It has changed me, my family and I hope there is a lot more down the road for us. It has been a huge blessing for us. Thank you!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

What???? You were in SLC again and we didn't hang out? :( Bummer!