October 19, 2012

Swim Lessons

This past summer was our first attempt at swim lessons. I know I am a slacker and my children should be able to swim laps comfortably but not the case with us. This year we heard of one of the young women in our ward who was teaching swim lessons. So we jumped on it. It was a great deal and my boys were pretty excited about it. Needless to say it only lasted a week long. Looking back now I should have kept them in for a few weeks in a row so they would master swimming. But they did a lot in just that one week. Half of our ward was in their class. Well I shouldn't say that, there were only 4 of them and they were all in our ward. When we arrived the kids from our ward were just ending and when it was our time to leave, other children from our ward were showing up for their lessons. It was a fun week. I really enjoyed sitting on the side and watching them learn. Keaton did really well. He is my one child where everything just comes naturally to him. I don't know how it happened but everything just comes to him and he adapts, understands and can do just about anything pretty quickly. He is amazing!
Andrew on the other hand. Well he is really sweet. Let me just say he tries so hard. He did improve but I am still not comfortable enough to let him swim on his own without his floaties yet. Next year we will get it figured out and then I won't have to worry about him as much. He will get it, no doubt about that.
On their last day of swim lessons, Aubrey and her mother took pictures of the kids under water. Keaton got some fairly good ones and Andrew, well it took him all he had to just go under and stay under. So you won't see him with his eyes open. Aren't they so adorable?
Until next year!







We will miss you summer days!

1 comment:

Travis and Marie said...

This is so cool that you got some underwater pictures! How incredibly fun!