May 19, 2014

Let the training begin

I did it! I hired a personal trainer to get me back into shape. I am 2 weeks into it and let me tell you, it hasn't been easy. I have never had anyone tell me "No, you can't eat that!" or "Just a little bit more!" It has been tough. But I can do hard things. At least I think I can. I am on a strict diet plan, with the exception of 2 "off" meals a week. This makes it very doable. Most of the food is new food that I have never really eaten or cooked. It is different but I am learning to like new things. Who would have thought that rice cakes could actually be good. I didn't. But now I do.
I am on my own as far as working out during the week. I go to the gym 4 days a week and then every Saturday I meet up with my trainer and she works me hard! I am lifting a lot. I am lifting more than I thought I could. I am really enjoying going to the gym. I am learning how to do it effectively.  I love it! I love how I am feeling. Big changes are coming and I can't wait for all of this to be worth it.
Some of the things I have had to get used to:
- plain yogart (tastes like Sour Cream, but you add Whey and it is not bad)
- quinoa. Never ate it before. Kinda interesting. Not gonna lie, not my favorite but I am eating it and finding new ways to cook it.
- rice cakes (2 a day)
-unsweetened Almond Milk ( kinda different, kinda good)
-drinking close to 90 oz of water daily. ( I use the restroom nonstop)
-I don't feel bloated anymore(I love this part!!!)
- I am more patient. Not only with myself but with my children.
-My shorts are feeling a little lose on my hips= success! I must be doing something right.
This is going to be my life for a few months. I am excited for the new challenge and feeling better again. Here's to being healthy!!!!!!!!
 

No comments: