September 24, 2014

doTERRA Convention- Salt Lake City

It happened again! Another great doterra convention. My good friend Shannon and I hoped on the bandwagon and bought tickets and were traveling buddies.
Shannon and I rented a rental car and drove down last Wednseday. Can I just tell you how fun it was! We laughed and laughed. Very therapeutic for me and probably for her as well. Shannon and I see the same trainer and it was nice to not have the temptation to eat crappy food, because that is usually what happens when you travel. Well we did pretty good! We stuck to our plan.
We had a sorry rental jeep. Oh well, we made it and it was a gas hog. We stopped in one place called Snowville, Utah. Yuckiest pit stop ever. It is literally out in the middle of nowhere. The gas station was icky and creepy. There were rattle snack treats you could buy out of a gumball machine as you entered the store. Who feeds rattlesnack treats? Don't they eat live rats and rodents? So we snuck in to use the restrooms. There were signs all around like, "Watch for bats!" " Watch where you step." Creepy signs all over and they were for real too.
The sign as you were entering the restroom said that the restrooms were not for the public unless you bought something. So I full intentions of buying something. Shannon used the restroom first and then I followed after. What I didn't know what that she had already gone outside and started the car and was waiting for me.
The grumpy old man behind the counter was sure to tell me that I needed to buy something. I told him I would and I needed to get my wallet out in the car. So I went out to find Shannon already in the car waiting. I tried to sit in and reach for my wallet and when she did she started to take off. So what did I do. Closed the door and we cruised on. I felt terrible for not buying anything but we were on a schedule and had to get into Salt Lake by 4:3-5 o'clock for registration.

We finally made it. Shannon had never really been to Salt Lake before so I told her alittle bit about Temple Square and she asked many questions about the church. I think we made good progress.
We stayed at the Hilton Hotel which we thought was across the street from the Salt Palace where the convention would be held. Perfect, walk across the street and be within walking distance to everything we needed. Wrong. We were in the Hilton by the airport. Not what we needed.
So the first night we stayed there. We roomed with two other gals who came from Mexico for the convention. Only one of them made it. Ale Berron from Los Cabos was there waiting for us. She was so sweet. Young mom of 4 and a owner of a Salon there in Los Cabos. She spoke good English but was extremely exhausted and just wanted to speak Spanish. Perfect. I speak Spanish. What a relief. I was surprised on how quickly it all came back to me. It was so much fun.

Ale has a sad story. While she was in the U.S. a hurricane hit Los Cabos. A strong, very strong Hurricane. It destroyed everything of theirs. Their home- gone. Her salon- gone. Everything literally destroyed. There was no communication with her husband or children. She didn't know if they were alive or what was going on. Come to find out that right before we arrived at the hotel she had just received word that her family was okay. Her children were shipped off on a flight to Mexico City so they could stay with their in-laws. All woman, children and American citizens were the only ones that could leave on flights. So her husband stayed behind to help out with all their friends and family members that were still there. Can I just tell you how humbling it was to be with her. To listen to her cry. To listen to her cry as she spoke with her husband and children one by one. All she had left was her suitcase full of what she brought.
As the week wore on we talked and come to find out that everything was literally gone. So where does she fly home to? Mexico City to be with her children or her husband who is still stuck in Los Cabos? She chose to go to Los Cabos to help everyone out. Her children are safe at her in-laws. It is all the thousands of people who are without. She spent a lot of their savings on supplies and things they needed to help others out. She filled up more suitcases with things from Costco, Target and other places. What a humble and amazing woman. I hope that we will continue to be in contact. I was really touched by her story. She has been on my mind and in my prayers. She asked me what faith I was from. I told her the Church of Latter-day Saints and she had never heard of it. Never seen missionaries or knew what we believed. So I told her. She said that she was going to look for missionaries and welcome them into her home.

Long post made short. We attended several classes on how to use the oils. From ADD- to hormonal imbalance in women, there was so much to learn. I took close to one hundred pages of notes. It was that good. I wish everyone could go and see for themselves what good these amazing oils are making around the world. More and more people are empowering themselves to take their health care into their own hands. What a wonderful gift.

Met many people from around the world. Flagged down crazy taxi drivers. Attended a Gala. Dressed up like I was in high school Prom all over again. Super fun. Driving at midnight in downtown Salt Lake without my headlights on. Crazy taxi drivers flagging me down to tell me I was an idot. We just laughed and laughed. Played with my brother. James. and flew back home Saturday evening. Wild and crazy. That is how I sum it up.

I came home with a determination to do the business. I will be walking that red carpet next year. Get ready world, cause here we come!!!!!

No comments: