November 8, 2007

A long night


I was sitting in our dinning room this morning feeding my children breakfast and I was so tired. Anyone who has children will know what I am talking about. One of those nights where your children are up every other hour it seems and all they want is to come into your bed to sleep. Well Keaton wakes up now about twice a night wanting to come and sleep in our bed. We've tried letting him cry it out but ever since we made his crib into a toddler bed he has figured out that he can just get out of bed and open the door to get out. It is really quite simple. So Lance battles with Keaton and I with Andrew. We both wake up at 7 becaause that is when the mechanism in our children seems to tell them to wake up. We are so exhausted. Feels like we haven't even slept yet. Then our day starts off to a rough start and we just are so happy! But then you look at their sweet faces with that huge grin from ear to ear because all they want to see is you and then you forget all about last night until it happens all over again.
My sister Rachel is in town with Ava. They are so fun to have around. Jason graduates in December so we will be so excited to have them back home. Good luck Jason! We are cheering you on. You can do it!
I am so blessed to have the family that I have. Seems like I take it all for granted sometimes. I am infatuated with my husband and desperately in love with my children. I love them all.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Are your kids related to mine? Still are on that same pattern, and if it's not one it always another, and why 7? You would think they would be as tired as we are. So strange.

-Suz