November 13, 2007

Flashback



I was at a Primary Activity and the theme was Missionary Work. We set up a MTC for the kids. We are relay races and fun games for them to do. I was asked to set up a booth about my mission for the kids so they would get a feel for what a mission was like. I hadn't looked through my things for time. There were things in there that I had forgotten all about. Memories that resurfaced again. Pictures of those I grew close to and people who I cared so much about. It was so much fun to go through all of my things and remmember the fun times I had. Looking back now it all seems like a blur. It seems like a dream. Did I really go to Chile? Did I really serve and love those people there? It is a part of my life I look back on and smile from ear to ear. Some of my best friends who I still keep in contact were there with me. There were some friends I will say who bugged me to so much but later ended up becoming my best friends. Thank you!
Now I can sit and show the pictures to my children so they know a part of me that was so important. They enjoy the stories too.
The Lord has blessed so much. I am in debt to Him for His love and the lessons He has given to me.

2 comments:

emilyaaa said...

melissa, i love your blog!!! it's so fun to read about your charmed life and your adorable boys. And yes, Chile seems like a dream...the people, the culture, the food! were we really there? was i lucky enough to be your companion?!?!?!

looking forward to the reunion...you planning on coming?

Melissa Snyder said...

Hey Emily,
Ya, I am planning on being at the reunion. It will be lots of fun. If you need help with anything let me know. I would love to be of some help to you.
Yes, Chile seems like a dream that happened forever ago. No, I was lucky to have you for my companion. You really made my mission.