January 13, 2008

Children of God

Being the Primary Chorister in our ward has been a very interesting calling. It has brought me out of my comfort zone and I have learned so much about music. It has been a blessing to me in my own life. I really enjoy seeing the children each week. It has been a few weeks since I have been to our ward due to holiday traveling and sick children so it took me awhile to get back into the singing mode again. This month's theme for the Primary is "I am a child of God." We are learning the simple hymm that is so familiar to all of us. Today we focused on the first two verses. "I am a child of God and He has sent me here. Has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear. I am a child of God and so my needs are great. Help me to understand His words, before it grows to late. Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do, to live with Him some day." As I was in the Junior Primary we started singing the first verse and I was so overcome with love and peace and the reasurrance that these sweet children were all children of God. I am a child of God. That really hit me hard today. The spirit bore sweet testimony to all of us of this truth. We pulled out my silly hat to place on the teacher of the class that sung the best. It seemed to be a big hit. So we will pull that one out again sometime soon for Primary.
I felt prompted to just a little bit about our daughter Madalynn. I felt peace about it. I know what she is a daughter of God. That He has a plan for her as well as me, here earthly mom. Even though we only spent a few days with her, she blessed our lives with Christlike love. You know that pure love that is only felt by the Spirit when we are in the presense of something far beyond ourselves. I think of her often and wonder where she is and what she thinks of me. I am trying to do my best. I fall short so much I hope that one day I can make it back to her.
We are all children of God. If we could only feel that, then love would overtake the world and peace would be restored once again. May we all love others and see them as the Lord sees them.

2 comments:

laneyfamily said...

Mel-
I am sure that Madalynn looks down on you and wishes that you could hold her. We all wonder how life would be so different with her. But just think you- you are a perfect child, not many people can say that. You are such a great mom and I hope that I can emulate all of your great qualities to my kids. I watch you with your boys and I can tell that you would do anything for them and that they mean the world to you and you love them so much. I love you.

Suzanne said...

I felt the spirit in your testimony. Isn't it so nice to have little reminders of who we are and what life is really about. Love ya Mel. Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's always fun to hear from you. It would be fun together again soon.

-Suz