January 6, 2008

A New Year

We made it back from Arizona. I have to admit that it was one of the craziest weeks of my life. We were there for a full week. The kids traveled so well. We couldn't have had better luck. They were good travelers. Everyone came the same day. There were 9 children with all their spouses and children all under one roof. It was a tight squeeze but we all managed. Staying up every night until almost midnight was a challenge to me since I am usually in bed come 9 p.m. Keaton and Andrew are not used to sleeping in the same bedroom so that was something they overcame. They did remarkably well. I think we will put them together in the same bedroom now that they are used to it.
It was so fun to be with everyone. There were about 12 kids under the age of 8 running like crazy all over Grandma's house. It was really noisy. It was hard to think to myself at times. But it was fun playing non-stop all week.
Since there were that many kids around it was obvious that someone would end up sick. Yep, it happened to my children. Andrew was so cranky all week. He clung to me like it was death to let go. He wore me out just lugging him around. It's nice to know that I am that loved by him. He had and still has the worst runny nose. I need to take him into the doctor's tommorrow and have him looked at. Keaton has had a bad cough too. I hope it is nothing serious.
It was so nice and warm. The weather was perfect for playing outside and that is just what we did all week. The biggest hit were rides on the Grandpa Snyder's riding lawn mower. Lance hooked up a piece of board and rope and all the kids sat on it while he pulled them around the yard. It so interesting to think that was entertaining for them. It kept them busy and we (the moms) were so glad for a little release. Thanks sweetheart for helping us out.
Eldon and Shelly's wedding reception turned out beautiful. It was packed with lots of amazing people and a touch of Italian food made for a perfect night. Later that night after taking down and bringing home all the decor we sat around the front room and watched them open their wedding gifts.
We had a great time, but it is nice to be back home. We missed our beds and routines. Traveling is nice but let's not do that again for a while. Ok?

No comments: