April 25, 2008

Farewell....

On Wednseday I fly down to Utah for the funeral service for my Mission President John C. Hadfield. My day started about 4 a.m. and it ended the next morning about 1 a.m.. It was a long day but it was a lot of fun. One of my best friends from the mission Monica Fangupo came and picked me up from the airport. It was so much fun to see her. She has the cutest little family. I love Tongans! Her boys are so handsome. Weston, another great friend from the mission met up with us and we used his rental to do all the driving. He was such a brave guys putting up with all of us. Thanks Weston for driving us around. We also met up with Eric Stevenson, yet another great friend from the mission. We all went to Brigham City for the service. The whole day was great. The service was very sweet. I was so surprised at how many missionaries came. We all got up and sang "Called to Serve" Oeste style. It was such an honor to stand up there with all of those missionaries and sing for Hermana Hadfield.
Thanks everyone for making it a very memmorable experience. Weston, thanks for the ride to the airport. It was fun to visit with you. It had been a long time. Lets have get togethers often. These are some of the greatest friends anyone could ask for.
(Best buds from the mission, Weston, Monica and I)

(Elder Eric Stevenson and I at the mission reunion)

No comments: