June 15, 2008

Father's Day


This year for Father's Day we were a little relaxed. We didn't really do much. The nice thing was, our boys let us sleep in until 7:30 this morning. That was the best Father's Day gift of all. Since we have church at 9 we didn't get to do much for Lance. We just gave him hugs and kisses and told him we loved him. It has all become too commericalized for me. What ever happened to homemade cards and just a day of recognition? That is what we did!
This was my week to teach the young women and our topic was on Missionary Work and understanding what it is missionaries do. We had great participation. I just love my Miamaids and the Laurels too! We have a great bunch of girls.
After church we went to my parents home and hung out for awhile until the family get together. We went to my Uncle Spencer's house for dinner. I got to see a lot of cousins that I haven't seen since they were babies and now they are 17 yrs. old. It was nice to be with them and see what they have been up to. We don't get together much with my dad's side much but when we do it is fun to be together.
The boys had fun because there was a trampoline and lots of food. That was Andrew's favorite part. He can eat all day long and never stop. I think he had dinner 4 different times.

So Happy Father's Day Lance! I love you very much. You have been an amazing husband and father. Our boys love you so much. It is so much fun to sit back and watch you wrestle and play with them. It has always been so natural for you. Thanks for being that sweet husband/father you are to us all.
Also to my dad. I have the greatest dad in the world. I love him very much. He has always been there for me when I have needed him most. He is never far away. Thanks dad for loving me.



No comments: