July 5, 2008

4th of July


I love this time of year. The warm weather, the late summer night when the sun doesn't set until 10:30 p.m. and just being with family. This year was kind of relaxed. We didn't do much during the day. Lance has been studying really hard for this new job he will start in August, so I took the boys over to my parents home so he could study in peace. We just hung out and played with my parents. They love it over there. I also love being over there.
Later in the evening we had dinner and fireworks at our place. It was fun to have all of our extended family with us. Some went swimming and some stayed to relax. About 9:30-10 o'clock we started the fireworks. I remember when I was a little child thinking that the ones we bought at the firework stand were the best and nothing could beat them. Well I have realized over the years that they are all the same fireworks but just in different wrapping. I swear every firework we set off was the exact same. It kind of lost its effect once the big ones started all around us. I swear it would have been easier to put me on a lazy susan and spin me around in time to see all of them take off. We had some amazing shows put on. We stayed up until 11:30-mindnight to watch them.
Another great year. Thanks to all of you who came and contributed to our fun evening.



1 comment:

laneyfamily said...

Thanks for inviting us over to your home! We had lots of fun! You have such a great home for get togethers, thanks for always feeding us!