July 26, 2008

Pioneer Day Celebration

Our Stake puts together a big event for the 24th of July Celebration in honor of the Pioneers. We started the day early this morning about 8:30. We loaded the kids up and headed down to the church for a parade (which never happened), breakfast and some fun activities that were planned. Our good friend Kelly parachuted in the American Flag to start the celebration. Keaton and Andrew really liked watching that. It was fun to watch them make their way down from the sky. Keaton was just amazed that someone would want to jump out of a plane.
Breakfast was really good. The boys ate tons. I think they were starving. They slept in really late this morning. It was nice, they didn't get up until after 8 am. That is a record in the Snyder household.


There was a petting zoo, snow cones, cake walks and a fishing booth. The boys had turns with each and by about 10:30 they were done, so we headed back home.
I spent the afternoon at my parents home. My dad won a moped/motorcycle through his work so we had some fun riding that around their home and then I went and did alittle shopping with my mom afterwards.
This evening we had a few couples from our ward over for a BBQ and some swimming. We had a good time. I hope everyone had a good time.
It was a good day. I love weekends!

2 comments:

laneyfamily said...

Thanks for a fun morning! It is always nice to have other people to go with! P.S. did you touch the llama?

Kelly and Brittany said...

You guys seem to be having such a fun summer! Your boys are so cute, I love the kid quote of the week, its fun to read them. I sure miss ya Mel! It's been a long time