July 30, 2008

A good day after a bad night

Last night was the worst night we have had since having a newborn in the home. Our boys just really struggled to sleep. They both started out in their own beds and then after multiple awakenings we just put them in our bed and Lance and I found other places to sleep. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night. We are really tired today!
This morning my sister called to see if we wanted to go the park with her and her friend Justina and her kids. So I loaded them up in our new car and started to back out when the car was driving pretty funny. I got out to check all the tires and sure enough the back tire on the driver side was completely flat. So my sister came over to get us. We all fit in her car too! The kids had a tight fit in the back but we all survived.

We went to Settler's Park. It is a great park because it so big and the best part of it is the turf they put down. It is really springy when you walk on it and it is not cement so if they fall they won't get scraped up. It is the greatest invention for parks.




The kids all played for about an hour and then we took them to McDonald's for a quick lunch. It was so hard to get my boys of our there. They loved to play with all those germ infested toys that are there. Needless to say we did a complete scrub down when I got them home. I think it really wore them out even more since neither of us slept last night.
Now they are sleeping. Let's just hope they have a great nap. Thanks Rachel and Justina for a fun morning!

1 comment:

laneyfamily said...

Thanks for coming with us, it was fun to have you there. I think that it is always nice to get out and doing something different every once in a while. Thanks for riding with us- we had lots of fun. I enjoyed watching your kids at McDonalds!