July 23, 2008

Tell me a story

Every night when we put our oldest son to bed he wants a story. Most of the time we make up stories, recite fairytales, or tell him stories of his ancestors from a long time ago. Lately we have been running out of ideas and we have had to put our imagination to the test. From Great Grandpa's green horse to magical apples that makes grandma's cows fly, we have come up with quite the collection. Now when we tuck him in at night he starts telling us the stories. Sometimes I forget how I made them up or what I said. I am so amazed at how well he pays attention to detail.
Sometimes I wish he could put me to sleep with these stories. I love putting my children down for bed. I love cuddling with them, singing to the them and just being with them. They are such sweet children.

1 comment:

laneyfamily said...

You were always good at lying and exagerating when you lived at mom and dads so I am sure story telling comes easy for you- Just Kidding! Hey what is BTW? And you are such a cute mom and you are not fat- you look great. Give your self some credit. Plus you have more way cute clothes than I do! Love ya lots!