July 22, 2008

A trip with the Miamaids

(Judy and I will our Miamaids)
This was my third visit to the Twin Falls temple open house in one week. I can't believe I did it! Last Monday Lance and I took our boys on the way home from Utah and then last Friday I took the boys again with my family for the actual open house and then we took our Miamaids today for our mutual activity.
We are a small group but we had a great time. We tried to leave about 8:30 this morning but like all Mormon events nothing ever happens on time. We didn't get out of town until 9:30 so we didn't get there until 11 a.m. but that was ok. We had a fun trip up there and we sang a lot and the girls just had a fun time giggling. It was so nice to visit with them and with Judy, the other Miamaid advisor.
I am so amazed at the beauty of the temple. I have noticed different things each time I have gone. This time I noticed that all the windows have stained glass symbolizing the Syringa flower, which is the Idaho State flower. They mentioned that the floors were from India and all the wood in the temple was from Africa. It is amazing how many things were outsourced from the United States.

Afterwards we went to Johnny Corino's for lunch. I love Italian food. It was fun to have a girls day out. The ride back was even crazier but I won't go into detail about that. Thanks girls! It was a fun day!

(crazy car ride home)

1 comment:

laneyfamily said...

Looks like fun- I am glad that you got to go have fun for the day. This church calling has been like an escape for you somedays huh? I am sure that the girls love having you as their leader!