August 11, 2008

We're back


We made it back! We did it! The boys did really well this year compared to last year. The nights were a little rough and cold but other than that we did really well. The weather was beautiful. Our first night there we had some rain and a thunder and lightening storm but it passed over us pretty fast so it didn't soak anything too bad.
My mom is the best camp cook ever. I swear we eat better while we are camping then when we are at home. For breakfast we had the works, pancakes, bacon, sausage, and hashbrowns. Lunches, we were to bring our own for our families and that was kept pretty simple. For dinner, we had chinese food one night and then the other Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, fried zucchini and corn on the cob. My mom is the best cook ever. Thanks mom for a great weekend. Some stayed until Wednseday while the majority of us came home last night. We had lots of friends and family that came. It was a great time. I already miss the mountains.
This year my dad came up which was a change. I have never in all my life remembered my dad coming camping with us. He is not one to get up and go camping and live homeless while he could be at home golfing or doing other things. So I think this was the first and the last for him. He was a good sport. I think my boys really enjoyed having him there.
We spent most of our time down at the lake. Keaton learned to fist and spent most of the time practicing his fishing techniques and Andrew was just content to sit in the sand and throw rocks in the water.
We can't wait until next year when we can do it again. Here are some pictures from our weekend at Stanley Lake. Enjoy!
(Andrew loved the beach, it was his favorite place to hang out)
My neice Ava loved the water

My cousins little guy Brody won the award for dirtiest camper

My dad and Ava

A view from our camp ground of Stanley Lake

My cousins brang their friend Jackson, he was so fun to watch with my boys
Keaton and Andrew trying to fish
My handsome little man

this is another view from our camp ground, so beautiful
Peace man

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Oh I love it up there! It looks like you guys had such a fun time!!