September 27, 2008

Keaton's first field trip

Keaton has been going to preschool and LOVES it! It is his highlight of the week. He is always asking "Is today Thursday mom?" Well this week was their first set of fieldtrips. Last week they learned about animals and they got to pick an animal to dress up as for their fieldtrip the following week. Keaton picked the dog. So being the really organized and on top of things mom like I always am, I was up until midnight the night before fretting to make him a dog mask. I got some ideas from the internet and put my brain to work. It ended up pretty cute too. I can't complain.

Well Thursday after school we headed down to the Assisted Living home Country Time to sing for the elderly who live in this home. All the kids lined up and sang some songs and told alittle bit about their animals. They also drew a picture for a "grandma/pa" in the resting home for them to keep. Keaton was quite taken with an elderly woman sitting on the couch all by herself. I was so impressed watching him go up to her and give her his picture and sit and talk with her. It was a very sweet thing to watch him do. They had such a great time. It was so fun to be apart of his school activities. I can't wait for the other fieldtrips that are planned.


No comments: