November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween


This year was really fun. Both of the boys were old enough to understand what was going on. The weatehr was overcast, but warm. It was the perfect weather. Thank you Mother Nature for holding out on us. We started trick or treating at Great Grandma Beard's house. She was the first to put candy in their bucket. They just loved that and wanted to eat it all. Then we headed down to the church ready for the trunk or treat. There was a great turn out. We met up with Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Justin and the Laney's. The boys loved going trunk to trunk getting all the free candy they could get in their buckets. Andrew would not wear his costume so we didn't force the issue and let him go as is.
Afterwards we went to my brother Justin's house for a BBQ with all of his single friends. They had a big bonfire going and some really really good food. Thanks Justin for letting us come and hang out with you.
Then my mom was nice enough to watch the boys while Lance and I headed over to his Aunt and Uncle Shaw's house for a family get together. Only problem was, no one really came. It was just us and them. We had a great chat but about 10 p.m. we headed back to our home to relieve my mom. I couldn't believe both of my boys were still awake on the couch watching Mr. Kruegger's Christmas. They not only watched all of that but the Polar Express also. Thanks mom! You are a real sport.
This year Halloween was great. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love my boys. I love that they get so excited about the small things. I need to do that more often.
Happy Halloween everyone!

Keaton showing off some of his candy

Grandma and Grandpa Quinn with all their grandkids
(our little family waiting for the trunk or treat)
the grandkids waiting

The McCains showed up to the party

The sunset was amazing. I took this picture to see the colors
Me and my boys

Uncle Justin with all of the kids

1 comment:

laneyfamily said...

Thanks for inviting us to your ward activity. It is so fun to live so close to you guys so we can get together often. Your kids looked cute. Too bad Andrew wouldn't keep the costume on though!