November 3, 2008

Mondays

Mondays have always felt lazy to me. I have never really liked them, knowing another week is ahead of us and it is my day to clean the house and do laundry.
Days like today feel so relaxed and mundane sometimes. It rained all day and it was relaly really cold so we didn't really go outside. We just chilled inside most of the day. My sister Rachel and her daughter Ava came over to play and the boys loved that. I really enjoyed the company also. Thanks Rachel for visiting us! Come again soon!
Here is what our day consisted of:
- Cleaning the house
- Doing the laundry
- coloring, reading stories, playing hide-n-g-seek for the 10th time
- taking our books back to the library to avoid a late fee
- going to visit Uncle Justin and seeing the new paint
- cooking dinner
- bathing my boys
- watching my boys jump all over their dad.

I have been sitting here watching my boys wrestle their dad. It is so fun to watch them get so excited about small things. Lance is just laughing his head off and it has been awhile since I have heard him laugh like that. It's a good sound.

Lately Lance and I have been doing a lot of thinking about the things we want most out of life. Our patriarchal blessings have been a huge reminder to us that all will be ok for us if we just stick to the Lord's side and do what He has asked us to do. I have felt so many emotions this past week, frustration, sadness, loneliness, and just plain exhausted. I am sure some of it, if not most of it, is due to the fact that I am pregnant, but it has still been no fun for me.
Lance's work has slowed down quite abit. We are looking for new opportunities. Our options are open at the moment. He really enjoys the building buisness. He said that there is great satisfaction in seeing a plot of dirt become a beautiful home. He would like to stay with that proffession but right now we are still thinking if that is what we can do and survive on. I just know that something will come our way. It always has and I know it always will.
I haven't been as supportive as I should be. Maybe it is due to the fact that this whole week I have only thought about the things I am going through. I have been busy with my calling. I am really loving the Young Women's program. They are a constant reminder of being Christlike to me. I know there is always room for improvement. Here we come!
Ok, now I am off my soapbox. Things are really good. We are healthy, happy and most of all we love each other.

3 comments:

Shelli Snyder said...

Oh, Melissa ... I have those kind of days too. I can't imagine being pregnant AND having kids to take care of. Kudos to you, and we can't wait to see you guys again!

laneyfamily said...

Hang in there, you are a great wife and mother. I feel the same way you do, I love to see Jason play and laugh with Ava. Thanks for letting us come play we need to do it more often!!

AmyLyn said...

Love your updates, Melissa. You're a great example! Congrats and good luck on your pregnancy. Your little boys are beautiful