January 15, 2009

Glucose Testing

I don't understand why some many pregnant woman complain about the Glucose test. I have always heard someone mention that they couldn't stand the drink, the taste or the results. Well either way I guess I don't understand.
I have never had problems with the test. Only that my appointment wasn't until 9:40 this morning and I couldn't get anything into my stomach before than, but other than that, it was smooth sailing.
Today was a really long day for me. Keaton didn't get to go to his pre-school this morning mostly due to my bad scheduling but I could tell that he was disappointed. They got to spend the morning with my mom which was very nice of her to take them for me.
After that, the boys were wild. They were just bouncing off the walls. It was one of those days where you just want to yell and scream and kick until someone understands you. I just wanted to cry. In fact I did, I had a good cry on my way to the bank. I had my boys in the back with me but I turned Tarzan up enough so that they couldn't hear me.
We battled the stores again. I am not sure why I take my boys. It is so hard to get anything done with them running, and pulling everything off the shelves. I must look like a mom who does not have it all together to most of the other shoppers in the store.
The groccery store, they both wanted down and once I put them down they both took off in different directions. So here I am with a cart full and two kids just running like crazy. I had to tackle them both, no mind you I am almost 7 months pregnant and trying to handle two boys who were yelling at me when I tried to put them in the cart. After about 15 minutes we just packed the rest up and went home. I didn't even get everything I needed but I guess enough to get us through the week.
Has anyone else ever felt this way? Or is it just me because I am pregnant and lately everyone has been telling me, "Wow, when are you due?" or "You are huge!" These are things I don't want to hear right now and they just make me want to lock myself in a room and cry. I have just let it fester inside of me and now I am just trying to release it.
Now you have it. I am done! No more! I just have to live with it and move on!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Oh, if I lived there I'd babysit for you! I think it's hard to shop with my one little 2-month-old now, but I guess it just gets worse, huh?? I can't imagine. And don't you hate when people say you should be due soon, when you're not!!?? No one should ever say that! It's like the worst timing...because of course you wish you were done soon, you feel awful, and self image is at like an all time low. You are not the only one there! I certainly felt that way, and I'm sure other moms feel the same thing. I can't imagine it with two other kids running around, though. Just make Lance do the shopping! Hang in there, you're almost done!...and I'm sure you look great!