January 11, 2009

Ward changes

Last week in sacrament meeting our bishop made the announcment that our ward was going to be split along with all the other wards in the Star area. This whole week has haunted me because of the fact that we had absolutley no idea what would happen. I was afraid of something big happening but I wasn't sure if we would stay or go. Well tonight confirmed it all, we are going. Most of our ward stayed the exact same, only a few of us are being put elsewhere. I was so sad the new boundaries. The Star area has been growing so fast that I knew a big change like this was going to happen. The Stake pretty much changed all 4 existing wards and organized a whole new ward, which happens to be our ward that we will be attending. But the good news is we will be going back into a ward with old friends that I grew up with. Our bishop will be awesome. We love Bishop Firmage a lot. He was always in a bishopric while I was growing up so we know him well.
We will be traveling all the way into Eagle to attend church, which is weird since we only live down the street from where we attend church now. Oh well, what do you do? Change is good right? I have never been used to change. I have always had a hard time with it.
I have been in the Young Women's and have really loved it. It has been my escape during the week and I love serving with all the great girls and leaders. Sad to know that it will all go on without us. I just hope that they keep me out of a calling for awhile now that I am almost 7 months pregnant. I would be nice for awhile.
We are so sad to be leaving behind so many great friends that we have made. Although most of them just live down the street it is not the same.
Wish us luck in our new ward.

4 comments:

laneyfamily said...

I hope you enjoy your new ward, I know mom is pretty exicted about the changes. I hope you get to stay calling free for a while, but new ward, who knows- there are a lot of callings to fill! Are Laneys back in your ward?

Harris Family said...

Best of luck! Word is that our ward is going to be split soon too. Darn mormons keep multiplying!

Brittany said...

It is weird to travel past a church to attend church. We do it all the time in Provo, of course, but my family also does it in Eagle. Funny how that happens. I'm sure it will be great.

Carrie said...

I have similar feelings about the split. I feel like I'm totally getting booted from Star! We'll have to get used to the change together.