April 11, 2009

The Kite Runner


The other day we were at my parents house with my sister and her daughter Ava, and it was such a beautiful day outside and there was some wind so we dug around the house itching to fly a kite. We found two old ones that my grandmother had stowed away in her cupboard so we pulled them out to try and mend them. I don't think I had ever flown a kite with my children before. They were so excited to try it out. Well one was completely out of service, it just wouldn't work and the other one was an eagle and it had some potential so we tried it out. We went out into my parents field and tried to fly it.
It worked! A little bit, enough for the boys to get their wiggles out and chase it down. My sister Rachel was such a sport to run around trying to keep it up so they could try to catch the tail. We had a great time and since then we have called my sister The Kite Runner. Don't mistake it for the book that is titled that at all. She was just a kite runner that made my boys happy. Thanks Rachel for doing that! We had a great day!

1 comment:

laneyfamily said...

Hey thanks for the lovely pics of myself. It was fun playing with your kids, I am glad they had fun. Next time, lets go buy some real kites though!