April 29, 2009

three is a tough crowd

I am really starting to feel it now. I feel like all of a sudden I have so much to do, so little time and so much attention to all 3 that I am getting really tired really fast. Why didn't anyone tell me 3 was hard? Luckily, Owen still sleeps quite abit but Andrew has been coughing for about 3 weeks now and it doesn't seem to go away. I have been trying to teach him to cover his mouth when he coughs and when he gets close to Owen, he gets really close, like right in his face close. I am afraid that Owen will get it too. That is the last thing we need, a sick baby.
Keaton has been doing really well. He has really started to involve Andrew more in his games and activities. Before that didn't really happen. Now they are really good friends and I a lot of the time I will hear them laughing really hard somewhere in the house, but I have caught on really fast that it is usually something not good.
For instance, this evening, like most nights, I was a single mom again and I decided to put the boys in my bathtub instead of hauling everyone upstairs. Owen had a massive blowout and I was changing him on my bed when all of a sudden I hear really deep belly laughs. I knew it wasn't good so I went in and saw Andrew and Keaton with all their clothes off stuffing them into the toliet. Needless to say I was livid. I was alittle harsh on my boys, but who wouldn't after that. So I had to fish all the clothes out of the toliet. It was gross. Just one of those days of being a mom I guess.
Does anyone have any advise for me on how to raise 3 boys? I can't wait to see what is in store for me and don't get me wrong, I love my boys to death, its just I NEED A BREAK! PLEASE LET ME REST!

4 comments:

emilyaaa said...

oh, melissa, i don't even know what to say! I know i haven't seen you in action much, but i can tell that you are an awesome mome, and your boys are lucky to have you! Your life is going to be crazy for the next ??? (i'm still waiting to figure that one out!) You'll be more tired than you ever knew was possible, and you'll realize that even if there were 3 of you, that wouldn't be enough somedays. And i don't have any advice that you haven't already heard before. But i know that you'll do it well. You're awesome. I look forward to reading more posts about your crazy boys and your crazy life! :)
Good Luck!

Shelli Snyder said...

I wish we lived closer so one of us could take the boys for a few hours and give you a break. Gosh, Melissa, I'm so sorry! Like I've mentioned before, I can't imagine having more than one. :) You're a strong woman, my sister.

Harris Family said...

That is a very funny story! Probably not to you right now, but hopefully later...after some sleep! :) Congratulations on Owen, what a cutie! They all look so much alike. How fun to have a house full of boys...I hope I get that lucky!

Natalie said...

Congratulations on the new baby! If you want to feel normal check out my sister's blog at http://jennschmerer.blogspot.com/ She has 3 CRAZY boys and has been through her fair share of mischeviousness.