May 9, 2009

babies cry

Owen has started to become pretty fussy in the evenings. I am wondering if it is something I am eating. I had forgotten how much work it is to get a baby to settle down and then when you think he is sound asleep, you lay him down and he starts crying all over again. It can be draining, especially because Lance has been gone since Wed. morning. He flew to Arizona for his brother's wedding. Thankfully he is coming home tonight and I won't feel like a single mom anymore. Honestly, I don't know how single moms do it.
Owen has been doing well during the night thank goodness. I usually end up putting him down for the night around 9:30 p.m and then I will hear from him around 2 am and then again at 6. Not bad ha!
I am not sure if he has some acid reflux issues. We will keep an eye on that. Also I guess I need to start doing the process of ilimination. However you spell it. I am tired and ready for bed.
Anyone have any suggestions on putting a crying baby to sleep sucessfully? I feel like a mom for the first time again. I forget about these things.
Good night and Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Nicole Ray said...

The best thing that I discovered was swaddling. I actually suck at doing it with regular blankets and found that you can buy swaddle blankets that velcro close. I didn't do this with Hunter and he wasn't the best sleeper but I did do it with Koda and at six weeks he was sleeping through the night. Also a good routine helps them eat better and sleep better. The best book that I ever read was Secrets of the Baby whisperer and it warks for my family. I have it if you would like to borrow it!