May 30, 2009

baby geese

There are babies no matter where I look. Not only human babies but animals as well. I have been really fascinated with a rather large family of geese that live behind our home. For the past couple of months there were a few geese who were "laying eggs" on a huge rock pile next to our home. Everyday while doing the dishes or while I was in my kitchen I would look out the window and observe them just hanging out. I soon realized that they were laying on their eggs waiting for them to hatch.

About 3 weeks ago they hatched and they were hanging out in our back yard. My kids just got a kick out of watching them. I was outside the other night trying to get Owen to sleep when I noticed quite abit of movement on the other side of our ditch. There were a dozen or more baby geese with their parents waddeling along and swimming upstream. Since then every night about 9 p.m. I go outside to watch these families head back to their nesting place behind the trees. This is what I see almost every night. I love watching them. They are growing so fast. I can't believe how big they have gotten. I love living in the country. I love having all this amazing space and our view is priceless.

No comments: