June 22, 2009

A crazy packed weekend

This weekend we did quit abit. To sum it all up, we went to a dairy day parade in the rain and drank all the chocolate milk you could imagine, attended a cousin's baptism, ate great food, visited all the family in town and spent Father's Day with all the special dads in my life. Ok I am done. We really had a good weekend. Yesterday at church Shelley Strate made her famous cinnamon rolls for all the dads in our ward. They really arre the best we've ever had. Then we had dinner over at my parents home with them and then we went over to Lance's Uncle Stan's home for dessert and a farewell party for some great cousins who are moving back to Rexburg to go to school. Michelle and I go way back to the good ole Ricks College days. We were good friends and were in the same ward. We knew each other pretty well. In fact, just before I left for my mission I made one last trip to Rexburg to say goodbye to some friends and while I was there I ran into them at a Subway. She was engaged to a Spencer Ray and I remember wishing them good luck thinking I would never see them again. Then after my mission and while engaged I went to Arizona to meet the family and low and behold the moment I stepped through the doors to Grandma and Grandpa Ray's home Michelle was there with her husband and her children. I couldn't believe I was going to be related to her. What a small world it is.
Michelle is such a talented photographer. She had done some amazing things. Here is he website if you would like to check it out. It is www.mjrayphotography.blogspot.com. Check out her work.
My cousin/friend Michelle and I at her farewell party

Keaotn was helping out his dad spray all the icky weeds that are in our backyard


It was so much fun to be with all the in-laws. They are amazing people. Lance had a lot of family. Just on his mom's side he has over 150+ first cousins and Owen marked the 150 great-grandchild. Can you believe that! What a huge family they have. We love them all. My kids have not been getting to bed on time. Each night for the past 4 nights they have been getting to bed after 9 p.m. It is no wonder why they are so cranky during the day. I can't wait until we can start back up on our schedules again. It will be nice to have some normality in our crazy lives. Now I am ready to sleep the summer away, if it ever decides to come. It has been raining this past month and I don't think it has gotten hotter than 74 degrees. Hurry summer, we can't wait to go swimming.

No comments: