June 15, 2009

A weekend of fun


We had a great weekend! We had lots of family in town, great food, nice entertainment and a wonderful baby blessing. This past weekend all my in-laws came into town. Almost all of them I should say. We had close to 20 people sleeping in our home. We had a full house and we loved every minute of it. It's not very often when my in-laws come to Idaho, so when they do we just try to enjoy every minute.
We cramed so many things into such a short time that it all flew by way too fast. We went swimming, went to the Eagle Fun days parade, went to a bridal shower for two cousins getting married, stayed up until midnight every night talking, ate great food, and then we ended the great weekend with Owen's blessing.
Keaton was kind of sad that it started to rain on "his parade" so he sat behind everyone to wait out the rain.

Lance with all the little boys for a 4-wheeler ride

My sweet Andrew
Andrew fell into a pond at the parade. I had to get a picture before I could help him out. Great mom I know!

The weather was kind of icky but that didn't put a damper on our plans. The boys had so much fun riding on the 4-wheelers. They were so content to throw rocks into the ditch behind our home. Had I been smart enough I would have had them do it all day Saturday to help me clean out my flower beds, but oh well, they did some of it.
Sunday morning came and our church starts at blasted 8:30 a.m. in the morning. Can you believe we got 20 people all fed, dressed and out the door by 8:20? But we still ended up being late because I forgot to turn the oven on before we left so our lunch would be ready by the time we got out of church so everyone could eat before they had to leave. But we made it just as the meeting was starting. Our bishop must have forgotten we were blessing our baby because it wasn't until after the sacrament that he rememebered. For awhile there we were all worried that it wasn't going to happen and everyone would have made the trip for nothing. But he remembered and we blessed him and it was such a sweet one too.
Not the best picture, but I had to hurry and take one before church in his blessing suit.

My sister Rachel and I.



Thanks everyone for coming! We loved having you in our home. We love the company so remember, you are welcome here anytime you want. We love you all, and to Owen, my sweet boy, I love you very much. Now we need to get back on schedule and you need so sleep!!! So does momma!

6 comments:

erin said...

So far, Norah is only smiling in her sleep. She laughed while she was nursing once, but no awake smiles yet. What a cute family. Sounds like a fun weekend. You look amazing!

Lynnette said...

I love baby blessings - good thing you weren't forgotten :) He is so cute - i love the little outfit.

Shelli Snyder said...

We LOVED being with you guys! You're such a generous hostess ... we felt right at home. And we'll have to come back because I forgot to raid your scrapbooking closet and I'll need to get that galvanic spa to you. :)

Liz and the girls said...

I love all your pictures! Owen is so handsome!!

laneyfamily said...

Thanks for a fun time and a delicious meal. Hey send me the pics on your camera if you wouldnt mind of me and my fam. Thanks for a memorable day at Dairy Days, and hey would you please record 90210 for me tonight also!

Shelli Snyder said...

I actually finished Escape last week ... I really enjoyed it. Of course it made me want to cry my eyes out, but it's nice to be thrown into the depths of saddest compassion sometimes. Also, I don't want you to have to send that stuff, but you're so nice! I hope things are going well for you and all your little men over there. I love you, Mel!