June 26, 2009

Just me and the boys

Lance left yesterday for Arizona. Can I just tell you how hard it feels when he is away. I shouldn't say just feel, my job seems 10x's harder when he is gone. The boys have done pretty well, but I am worn out. We can't wait until he comes home tomorrow. The boys are always asking when he will come back. They miss they're daddy!!!
Keaton and Andrew have been getting along so well. I am amazed at how well they can play together, be nice to each other and just truly have fun together and then within seconds they start fighting and become real enemies. Is this normal? Is this healthy? Or am I just experiencing real life with all boys in my home?
Owen is sleeping much better at night. As for the daytime? Well we are still working on that. I have had to resort to letting him cry it out alittle more. I hate doing it but I have no other choice. I have saved that for the last. I can put him down no problem while he is awake in his crib at night and he can fall asleep unattended but during the day, he thinks he has to be held in order to sleep. How do you stop that? Am I spoiling my baby? Does he have me trained already? Oh well, such is the life of a mother of a newborn right? Although he is not newborn anymore. He is alittle over 2 months now. They grow so fast don't they! We love him and couldn't imagine life without him. He makes us feel complete. At least for now. I hope!

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I'm so glad to hear Owen is sleeping better at nights! Hooray! As for the daytime, I learned with Bree that I couldn't train her to sleep any better while she was having reflux pain. But as soon as the reflux was gone, she started sleeping great for naps without any help from me. Good luck! I hope he starts to feel better soon!

erin said...

It is so hard doing it on your own! I can't imagine doing that for days at a time. Norah has also started sucking it up at naptime. Her first two naps are great but she just gets cranky around 4--and who knows what she'll do until bedtime. But she just lays right down at bedtime with no crying all night. What a bunch of weirdo babies we have! Good luck!

Shelli Snyder said...

I discovered that Chiara would be okay if I just came to soothe her every 5 minutes or so when she cried before naps ... I didn't pick her up to hold her, I'd just rub her back and kiss her and leave. After a few days/weeks of that she went down just fine.

But I'm with Jaclyn ... nothing is possible with reflux!