July 21, 2009

Masterbedroom makeover

I have always wanted to give my bedroom a complete makeover. I am in the process of brainstorming ideas for our room. There are so many great ideas and I would love to have the bedroom that I can relax in. Right now, my bedroom consists of a bed, two side dressers that don't match, an armour, and some mismatched pictures that are too small for the big wall space it is trying to cover up.
I have always neglected my bedroom and it needs a major face lift. We have a cherry sleigh bed right now but I have always wanted a 4 post bed. I love the look of them and I think that they are very elegant.
Right now my bedding consists of a patched quilt that my mother got us while living in Arizona. Our pillow cases are from 3 other bedding sets we own and they are starting to get holes in them.
I make my bed every morning but by mid afternoon the pillows are on the floor and after my children have jumped on my bed, tearing the bedding completely off my bed and throwing in on the floor, I am frazled and I just give up. I try to keep my bedroom door shut hoping that they will get the hint, but they are little guys, they don't pick up on that stuff. Seems like no matter how many times I tell them to stay off my bed, it doesn't work.
What would it be like to have a room that is fully decorated and something I could retire to at the end of each night and feel relaxed? One day I will experience this, but for now I will just enjoy the messes and the upkept look. Like President Monson said in the October Conference of 2008, he said that "one day you will look around and you will miss those dirty finger prints on the clean window that you just cleaned and the toys that are strewn completely across your living room floor. Cherish it, for it will pass too fast." I love my children and one day I will get that master bedroom that I have always wanted.

All I need is the perfect color of pain, the bed, the bedding, the wall decor and pretty much everything for our room. So for now I will just sit back and relax and let my kids run and jump on my bed for now.
Such is the life of a wired, tired, worn out mom! I LOVE it!

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Ha! it's so funny that you posted about a master bedroom re-do. Lee and I have been working up a storm on finally decorating our master bedroom1 I'll be posting pictures today hopefully. :)

Jaclyn said...

seriously, Brittany did such a good job, didn't she?! She has great prices too, so when you're ready to re-decorate, I'd totally hire her. You can get to her design consultations website through her "little inspirations" blog (there's a link on the right side bar). It was such fun!

Jaclyn said...

oh! I forgot to tell you--- we used Behr paint from home depot (their paint and primer in one) in a shade called "roasted nuts". fun, huh?

Brittany said...

I've seen that bedroom picture before...I love it! There's something about white bedding...but I wonder how it stays clean. We'll have to see how it goes for Jaclyn! :) Four post beds are really elegant. You could start the makeover with some paint and wall decor...Those boys don't jump on the walls, do they? :)

erin said...

I've found that we put ourselves on the back burner as parents. Like my kids have better clothes than I do, their rooms are more decorated than mine, etc, etc. But when I am 46 and the last kid is 18--its MY TURN!!! Just 18 more years...or maybe when they are too cool for Mom to pick out their stuff.